Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Am having problems with my laptop. I did a complete reinstall and now can not make a new folder on my desktop. When I right click on an open spot on my desktop and scroll done to "NEW" I am no longer offered the option of "Folder". The first option is now "Create a Shortcut"! Can anyone help me?

I have a Pavillion g7 Laptop running windows 7 64 bit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Rodney_L,

You’re not able to create new folders.

Here is a link to some steps that might help.

Let me know how everything goes.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hello BonesDoc11,

I see that this is a duplicate post, here is a link to the original post. Click on the link and reply back for assistance.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

I can not create a new folder anywhere.

HP Recommended

Hello Rodney_L,

HP Recommended
Thanks for the link it is working now - so far.
HP Recommended

reb2305,

You’re welcome.

Glad to hear that everything is working.

HP Recommended
This worked for me - thanks
HP Recommended

NEED HELP!!!! I just got a (HP Pavilion p6-2220t CTO Desktop) a couple months ago. About 3 weeks ago the (new folder) button in documents/pictures stopped working. I push it, but it will not create a new folder. I have taken many steps to try and fix this problem. Cleared Cookies/Cache- Ran a Full System Scan- Did the Comand Prompt Scan for corrupted files- nothing is restoring this- any other suggestions???

HP Recommended

Hello radical92,

HP Recommended

I went in to use the System file Checker and it says I have to be the administrator to perform this task. My account type is the administrator. How does this happen?

lj
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.