Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

On of the suggested options is to force the PCIExpress in to legacy mode by using: bcdedit /set pciexpress forcedisable in an elevated command propt. (run as administrator).

To revert back use bcdedit /set pciexpress default

The info is from this Spanish thread

HP Recommended

Just to be curious. What do I disable with that pciexpress, what are the consequences?

Currently my problem is plus minus gone after the update of the driver.

Since 25.03.2015 I did not have any new WEHA logger in the eventviewer.

HP Recommended
Im getting my money back from HP in regards to my laptop
HP Recommended

Hi all,

After @theOldTech's comments above, we tried the new driver from the 25/03, but it seems to install the same one we had recently, so not sure what the changes may have been or if this is another bug with the driver update process, but we still get the same error.  Sure we can disable the NIC but the performance issues remain.

We tried another method of rolling back the driver, first going back to 05/05/2015 then eventually the originally installed driver and the issues have so far gone away, even with the NIC now enabled, so a positive result. 

I say that with a grain of salt given the history of the issue, but it's been 1 hour now and no errors.  Performance seems to have returned but won't know for sure until staff try to use the PC tomorrow and report back.

The driver we're using is v9.1.402.2015 (02/04/2015).  This is for the Realtek Gigabit NIC.  All other drivers are at their current versions as of ~1 week ago.

HP Recommended

As I reported some time ago. The usb port has died.

The system will be shipped back and repaired.

I have done an system restore from the original disks with an note to check the eventlogger about the WHEA.

No idea if this is going to happen. I can imagine they just swap the mainboard and thats it.

HP Recommended
I5-6200U
Radeon R7 M340 and Intel HD 520
Realtek 8723BE
Realtek PCIe card reader
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

OK an update.  So the driver reverting back to the original v9 driver seemed to stop the errors but not the slowdown.  

We also found in device manager that the 0x8086:0xA116 device was a PCI Express port and it was connected to the AMD discrete video card.  After a few days, we've seen the WHEA error log this one occasionally and after updating the AMD Drivers last night to a newer release, we're almost there.

We encountered a slow down today and noticed that the video card had stopped responding / crashed, so this could explain it.

Basically this AIO is a lemon and will be working with HP today to have the systemboard replaced as this is just getting out of control now!

Jase.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The problem stopped for me after manually installing the latest  intel graphics drivers(intel hd 520). 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a HP Spectre x360 - 13-4159nd laptop since a few weeks. The laptop is great but I see the Event ID 17 flooding my system event log.

I already followed the tips and tricks in this topic to solve this issue. All my drivers and firmware are the latest. Despite this the event id 17 is reoccuring very often.

I also contacted HP support to find a solution. After two sessions which in majority where for checking drivers and firmware the advise was to reset Windows 10 through the recovery options. Because I didn't feel to much for this option I looked further.

I have seen when the laptop is connected to the mains the event id 17 doesn't occur. When I remove the netadapter I directly start seeing the Event ID's 17 in system log. Because of this I had a look at the advanced power options. Here is an option for:

PCI Express / Link State Power Management. On the mains this options is disabled. However the deafault option for the standard HP power scheme is: maximum energy saving. I changed this value for on battery to normal energy saving and rebooted the laptop. After reboot the event ID's 17 dont show up in the system log anymore. 

I have also e-mailed these results to the support engineer at HP who is handling my support case. With this Link State Power Management option changed from maximum energy saving to normal energy saving mode I understand this will have a (slight) impact on battery power. I hope HP/Intel solve this error soon.

@edit 10-07-2016, yesterday I worked with the laptop and no event ID 17 showed up, this morning I checked the event log again and it is filling up again. So this is no fix for the problem 😞

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.