Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

The only way I can solve this issue now is by setting the power scheme to Performance instead of HP recommended. Imediatly when I change from Performande power scheme to HP recommended the WHEA Event ID's 17 start showing in the system log. The record is over 16.000 entries within one hour... I hope HP/Intel can address this issue and provide a fix!

HP Recommended

With the setting below I have no more Event ID's 17 in the System log:

HP recommended Energy profile, switch WLAN on battery to max performance. Also set PCI Express, Link State Managemet on battery to Max. Energy saving. These settings with Intel 7265 driver: 18.40.4.2 solve the Event ID 17 flooding my system event log. I hope Intel/HP can address this in future drivers so there is no need for setting the WLAN on battery to max performance. 

HP Recommended

This issue still exists on HP Probook 450 G3, OS: Windows 10 Pro build 1607, 64 bit.

In my case it is caused by the intel AC 3165 wireless adapter.

If I disable the adapeter, the event disappears.

Capture.PNG

The problem is that this event causes the wirelss card to reset every few minutes...

It is impossible to work like this.

Is there a solution  to this problem or should I return the laptop for repairs?

HP Recommended

I'm back with something I discovered by doing some tests. In my case, I have the following settings for the wireless card in my active power plan:

Capture.PNG

If I set it to "Maximum performance" the event stops completely. If I change to any of the power saving settings the event reappears.

This is how I changed my settings and for now they seem to work. The event disappeared:

Capture2.PNG

HP Recommended

For me only changing the WLAN on battery to max performance stops the Event ID 17. There is no need changing other settings (wich will drain your battery) to stop these events. I do find it strange this occurs on a 13-4159ND laptop which HP made with Microsoft. Someone had to notice these events prior to launching this laptop to the market? In the meanwhile we are several drivers further and when I change WLAN back to normal "on battery" value my event logs are flooded again (over 17.000 events within one hour).

I have also contacted HP in regards of this. They actually tell to ignore this sort of errors. The event ID is only for troubleshooting purposes and for IT admins. Let my occupation be an system and network administrator....

Also I purchased a carepack to have 3 year (accident) warranty. For some strange reason I have only received 2.5 years in total in stead of 3 years. I am missing nearly half a year of my purchased warranty. For this I have also contacted HP, send them all the proof of puchase and should have a reaction within 6 to 8 months. Now nearly three months and several requests for update later I still havent received an reaction of what sort. 

Because of this two questions I have contacted HP support I have to say support isn't what it is supposed to be and the findings on the Internet are true. The device looks and feels really great but customer support isn't on par by far. I hope someone at HP reads this post and will do something about it!

HP Recommended

Well, HP is wrong. The event cannot be ignored because it has a negative impact on the wireless card. In my case, it slows down the connection speed and, at a  certain point, the network card is reset and conectivity is lost. Then the cycle begins again. And this happens every few minutes.

So no, this event cannot be simply ignored. Oh, any by the way, I am a system administrator 😄 So I am allowed not to ignore it...

HP Recommended

That's not only HP, other manufacturers are suffer also from this issue

HP Recommended

Yes, this seems to be an intel chipset issue. We can only hope it is a driver issue and not a hardware desing problem. The driver can be fixed, a hardware problem no..

HP Recommended

It is a hardware issue... I've returned 5 HP laptops before I went out and bought an Acer product. You see the motherboard HP is using in the affected models are not upto date (bus wise) with the new CPU. In business terms it's called "cutting corners" and  "maximizing profit" using up old stock. See the cpu's will work on the old boards but the board itself is designed for the last generation intels.

I for one will never look at another HP product again, they left a bad taste in my mouth...

HP Recommended

I hope that's not the case and this will be solved with future driver updates. I don't think HP and Microsoft will produce a laptop with the latest Skylake CPU and use a motherboard which is older and therefor not 100% compatible. If this is the case this would be a big "fu%$-up". 

Would like if someone from HP would comment on this issue. With my current settings the laptop can be used max 6 hours on battery power, nowhere near the 9/10 hours as advertised....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.