Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After doing Windows 10 install, the Dispaly Adapter for the Intel HD 4600 reports a code 43 error and the adapter is disabled.  Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver (also tried win 10 driver from intel) does not help.  How do I fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I got it working!

When running under win 8.1 I had occassionally used a third monitor via a j5create usb to vga adapter.  After giving up on getting the hdmi to work under win 10, I plugged in the j5create adapter  to see if it would work.  After the automatic install of the j5create driver, voila, the intel HD 4600 driver started working; and it continued working after unplugging the j5create adapter.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. My display adapter is AMD Radeon TM 7450. I have try both AMD offical driver and Windows Update driver but it's no working. Code 43 made me so angry and corrupt my work. How can I fix it

HP Recommended

Me too.

Tried Intel's driver updater, tred it in compatabilty mode; nothing works.

HP's update assistant tells me everything's up to date.

So now the laptop screen's the only thng avalable, and that makes me very unhappy.

Very unhappy.

My eyes ain't what they used to be...

HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz

12GB

System board: 2291 77.26

System BIOS: F.12

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

10.18.15.4248 (6/29/2015)

1,792 MB

HP Recommended

Guys, relax, there's no solution.

I have the same problem with 6470M, I fought 3 days in a row, eventually downgrade to Windows 7

HP Recommended

Also the same problem. I have an ENVY TouchSmart m7-j010dx. After installing Windows 10, my second monitor gives a black screen

• Display Settings in the control panel says I only have 1 monitor.
  • In Device Manager, the Intel HD 4600 driver has a code 43 error.
  • I have tried rebooting and updating the driver without success. (The intel Windows 10 driver for the 4600 refuses to install, saying it hasn’t been validated).

A fix will be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

Just finished a chat/remote-assistance session with HP. 

Apparently there was/is an issue with the driver in Win8.1, and it's not resolved in W10. Upgrading to 10 just makes it apparent.

He says use the W8.1 recovery disk to roll back to W8.1; fix the driver issue (he'll send instructions for that); then re-install W10.

A drag, but at least an answer!

It'll take me a few days to go thru the process, and I'll post results here.

Stay tuned...

HP Recommended

Definitely a drag.  Here's hoping it works...

HP Recommended

I got it working!

When running under win 8.1 I had occassionally used a third monitor via a j5create usb to vga adapter.  After giving up on getting the hdmi to work under win 10, I plugged in the j5create adapter  to see if it would work.  After the automatic install of the j5create driver, voila, the intel HD 4600 driver started working; and it continued working after unplugging the j5create adapter.

HP Recommended

Which j5create adaptor?

HP Recommended

Model JUA310

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.