Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I am trying to find out where I can get drivers for my HP Envy Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 for Windows 10

I looked on the following site:

https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.html

And It showed that the drivers are not available for Windows 10 , I am trying to address wi-fi connectivity issues, or else I will get an USB wi-fi dongle instead.

Thanks

Nelly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

nelly

for the Atheros

change the wireless channel setting to channel 11 or 6 and check the warner box settings WLAN administration

for the usb deactivate the energy save mode

netgear Wireless PCI adapters not connecting at max speed

install the inSSIDer for the wlan monitoring and settings

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

nellybelly

Please install the Driver it works with the Windows 10

WLAN

Bluetooth

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

I have had persistent intermittent wifi problems with Windows 10 and still when I rolled back to Windows 8.1 with this WiFi device in my HP Envy. All my other devices connect to Wireless OK, and this laptop works fine on Ethernet cable, but wireless works only 20% of the time.

No combination of driver versions or Windows versions gives me a reliable wireless connection.

HP Recommended

Qualcomm Atheros QCA9000 Series Wireless LAN Driver

Windows 10 32 / 64 bit

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71815.exe

Windows 7 & 8.1 32 / 64 bit

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70859.exe 

HP Recommended

I have managed to locate the Atheros drivers for Windows 10 , however this internal wi-fi card is weak and outdated. I replaced it with a brand new external dongle:

Netgear A6200 WiFi Dual-Band 802.11ac

www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-adapters/a6200.aspx

My download speeds now average 100 Mpbs on a bad day...

So to be honest, I am 100% done with my backward Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 ! 

But I really appreciate everyone who helped me out on this matter

Regards,

Nelly

Screen Shot 2015-11-12 at 9.51.11 AM.png

HP Recommended

nelly

for the Atheros

change the wireless channel setting to channel 11 or 6 and check the warner box settings WLAN administration

for the usb deactivate the energy save mode

netgear Wireless PCI adapters not connecting at max speed

install the inSSIDer for the wlan monitoring and settings

HP Recommended

Thanks !

I would like to click "Accept as solution" but I honestly can't find the button anywhere on this page!

HP Recommended

nelly

please read it

How to Mark Your Question as Solved

wish you much pleasure with your system

HP Recommended

I have the same laptop, HP Envy 17. Upgraded to Win-10. Having issues with lost connection after wake-up from sleep. Laptop is out of warranty. Device isn't detected. Needs a reboot every time. Clearly a driver issue. There is no  updated driver. Latest on Atheros site is from May-2015, v 10.0.0.318.

I am thinking of replacing wifi at a local shop.

HP wanted me to pay $100 for software support call. But I don't believe they can fix it w/o replacing driver.

HP Recommended

I found that recent Win 10 update on hp.com is BROKEN. Had to roll back to the driver on Atheros.cz.

If there is a moderator on this thread please investigate and remove this latest driver update.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.