Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I wanted to know when HP intended on providing us with the updated drivers and BIOS for Windows 7.

My laptop is from the DV2000 series and whenever I go to support & drivers I only have the Recovery Patch as an option when I choose the OS Win7.

My battery life is ridiculously short and ony charges up to 62% because no updates are available. I was looking into updating my BIOS but it seems like it wasn't released yet either.

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

I am also having the exact same problems with the HP Pavilion dv2000. 

I tried looking through HP's website for updated drivers, but most of the ones that I attempted to install did not translate well with Windows 7.  My battery life is also extremely short compared to before.

If anyone has an answer, I am definitely interested.

HP Recommended

Same problem, dv2000t (RM669AV), 12-cell battery URQ47101. Since I have updated to Windows 7, I get approx 80 minutes of battery run time before Windows shuts down (with no warning), when I routinely got 3 hrs just prior. I get the "consider replacing your battery" message in the notification area. No updates available yet in my HP customer care area. 

System info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name MIKE-DV2000T

System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

System Model HP Pavilion dv2000 (RM669AV#ABA)

System Type X86-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU         T7200  @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.3B, 4/25/2008

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"

User Name Mike-dv2000t\Mike

Time Zone Pacific Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 2.00 GB

Available Physical Memory 817 MB

Total Virtual Memory 4.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 2.39 GB

Page File Space 2.00 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

HP Recommended
I think our issue is never going to be solved until HP decides to upgrade their drivers or that they become available elsewhere. I don't know what to do.
HP Recommended

I think you're right.  I just wonder how long that's going to take.  I know that Windows 7 is fairly new, but still. 

This makes my laptop practically useless in a few scenarios.  If I go to class (3 hour class) and there isn't a seat available that has an outlet plug nearby, I'm basically SOL 😕

HP doesn't realize that I need to check Facebook while my professors lecture -_-

HP Recommended
But I read somewhere that HP isn't supporting our laptops. So.... yeah. What can we do in that case.
HP Recommended

I saw a list on the HP support web site that included the dv2 products as being supported for Win7. Drivers do not show up for that family, but there are updated drivers for the dv7 family: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=4062&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3999449

Does this foretell a new release of drivers for the dv2?

HP Recommended

I'm pretty sure I saw on that same list dv2000 not being supporting. This is quite confusing. Last time I asked HP they told me to revert to Vista.... Such good help right?

I just wonder how long until they release the drivers for dv2000 laptops if they do. Other series have already been supported by HP.

HP Recommended

I checked a few days ago for the drivers listed under the DV2000 series.  At that time, they basically only had drivers for XP through Vista. 

Other forums basically stated that installing the Vista drivers should suffice for Windows 7.  But when I tried that I came across a lot of errors/it just didn't work.

I'd be extremely disappointed if HP just doesn't end up doing anything.  I've only had this laptop for about a year 😕

But who knows, maybe they're working on it now.  If I find something out, I'll be sure to post it.

HP Recommended

Well, they say to "check frequently", so I put in a Change Detection request for that page to detect if Microsoft Windows 7 is added to it:

http://www.changedetection.com

What I don't know is if the new drivers will fix the battery issue. It should, if they put any effort into it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.