Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Daniel_Potyrala wrote:

@mixersoft

Hi,

Write down Your p/n which is under Your computer and looks like this.

p/n =  RM668AV

CTO machine, with Intel processor, trying this Conexant(after uninstalling current driver):

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp39501-40000/sp39972.exe

HP Recommended

@mixersoft

Hi again,

Uninstall Your current audio driver.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7
Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

When You will do it install this driver:

Conexant HD here

If it will not work then try to install it in compatibility mode.

Resources:

How to Run a Program in Compatibility Mode in Windows 7

Make older programs run in this version of Windows

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

@Daniel_Potyrala wrote:

@mixersoft

Hi again,

Uninstall Your current audio driver.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7
Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

When You will do it install this driver:

Conexant HD here

If it will not work then try to install it in compatibility mode.

Resources:

Make older programs run in this version of Windows

I used device manager to uninstall the Microsoft HD audio driver, but didn't reboot (b/c it would just reinstall same driver on boot). Then I tried to run the Conexant HD driver in compatibility mode, under Vista and Vista SP2. Both times it reported driver installation FAILED. then the Microsoft driver was automatically installed.
With the Microsoft driver, I noticed that I on wake from sleep I get no sound, but I could uninstall the driver, then scan for hardware changes. when the driver is re-installed, I get sound back.
any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Go to:

Control Panel -> Devices Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers

Click with right button of Your mouse on Your audio card there and choose properties. Then go to ' Details ' tab and paste here Hardware Ids .

Below You've got example how to do it:

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Downloaded the driver package, but the link to INF mods (from the same download site) does not work...it cannot find the appropriate file(s). Attempted to run executable from Nvidia setup exe anyway, but says it cannot find a drive compatile with my laptop. This is the problem I always have.

HP Recommended

@jml31415

Hi,

Write down Your p/n which is under Your computer and looks like this.

HP Recommended

@Daniel_Potyrala wrote:

Go to:

Control Panel -> Devices Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers

Click with right button of Your mouse on Your audio card there and choose properties. Then go to ' Details ' tab and paste here Hardware Ids .

@Daniel_Potyrala

My Hardware Ids:

• HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5047&SUBSYS_103C30B2&REV_1000
  • HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5047&SUBSYS_103C30B2

HP Recommended

@mixersoft

Hi,

Try this driver:

Conexant HD sp35682 (ver 3.38.0.50 A)

Use below rules:

• install this driver in Compatibility Mode

Resurces:

Make older programs run in this version of Window

• remember to uninstall old driver first before installing other one.

HP Recommended

i have a dv2701tx special edition(product no Kb170PA#ACJ) on which i clean installed windows 7 professional.

i face following problems-

1 Alps touchpad driver installed as per daniels first post makes the touchpad cursor to shake and jump around. I have tried the vista 32 bit driver too but it also has the problem. so can someone help me with the drivers?

2 integrated blue tooth does not work

3 tried installing both the authentec and digital persona (after deleting old drivers) but fingerprint sensor not detected

your help will be appreciated

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.