Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, it's my first time being here, so I'm gonna short it: I'm having a problem with my notebook(dv2610ca) the fans are always running I checked the temps and they look to me too high! I'm having this problem only on Win7, I remember when I had Vista everything was OK. So is there any way to decrease the temps?

HWMonitor Screenshot:

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/553/hwmonitor.png

Thanks...

[Edit: Sometimes they get over 90< *C]

HP Recommended

Hi,

Install all Windows Updates.

Resource:

How to install Windows updates

Use driver for graphic card from Windows Update ( remember to remove previous driver first )::

1.Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking ' All Programs ', and then clicking ' Windows Update '.

2.In the left pane, click ' Check for updates ', and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.

3.Select the ' Optional Updates ' and install from there only driver for Your graphic card.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Hi Daniel_Potya,

Thank you for your details guide to install Windows 7 on HP. My laptop is dv2530.

I did all the installtion of driver and generally, everything went well thanked to your driver's links.

But I've noticed 2 things:

1. Alps Touchpad Driver: after install this driver, my touchpad becomes extremely sensitive which I hardly can use to "focus" on little thing on the screen. The mouse pointer is shaking all the time when I touch the pad.

2. HP Quick Play (DVD player) is not working with Windows 7. When I run the program, it does nothing but a blank screen. I tried to run in XP-SP3 compatibility mode but to no avail.

Hope you've come across the above and have some experience dealing with those?

Otherwise, thank again for the guide.

HP Recommended

Alps2.PNGFor Alps Touchpad sensitivity setting, go to Control Panel and open Mouse icon. One screenshot of Alps on my laptop showing settings buttons.

Another below.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hi,

@Jamesnb wrote:

1. Alps Touchpad Driver: after install this driver, my touchpad becomes extremely sensitive which I hardly can use to "focus" on little thing on the screen. The mouse pointer is shaking all the time when I touch the pad.

Check this what Cheryl is showing You on screenshots.

There should be something to adjust this settings.

@Jamesnb wrote:

2. HP Quick Play (DVD player) is not working with Windows 7. When I run the program, it does nothing but a blank screen. I tried to run in XP-SP3 compatibility mode but to no avail.

A  You need to remember is to install HP Quick Launch Buttons before HP QuickPlay.

B  Don't install this software in Compatibility Mode because this version is made for Windows 7.

C Do something like this:

Uninstall from Your system HP Quick Launch Buttons and HP QuickPlay.

Restart Your system:
On boot press ' F8 ' and choose ' Safe mode '.

Go to:

Control Panel -> Devices Manager -> Human Interface Devices

and look there for HP Quick Launch Buttons. If ti's there then click on it with right button of Your mouse and choose uninstall driver. Restart Your system and this time start it normally.

Install drivers/software in correct order:

1. HP Quick Launch Buttons here (ver 6.50.13.1 for 32/64 bit Win7)

2. HP QuickPlay here (ver 3.7 v.6112 for 32/64 bit Win7)

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Second screenshot with button settings on another tab.

Alps.PNG

HP Recommended

I've edited mine posts. So now there will be posted screens only by You Cheryl. 🙂

HP Recommended

@shukumbin--does your touchpad function well after adjusting sensitivity?

mine does not ( mine is hp dv2701tx)

looks like this is because of incorrect driver rather than sensitivity to me,

i have the same problem as shukumbin whcih is unsolved.

the driver on the first page compounds the problem, so am using vista driver,,,(the cursor stil jumps..tho less)

any correct drivers for my above model? help please...

HP Recommended

CherylG,

The link for HWMon is broken, just supply the cpuid.com link and the latest version of CPU-Z and HWMonitor will be available from the Home page!

Thanks for the link, btw, it helped me find it and bookmark it!

** When I chose my user name so many years ago, I never expected there to be a 7th version of Windoze! 🙂

L8r!

HP Recommended

@pc7wiz

Thanks, I didn't realize the link had been broken. I updated it on first page.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.