Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X2 PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

When will there be an updated driver for Windows 10

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator

9.14.3.1177 (2013-11-15)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank´s for the info, now we are running windows 10 without any problem   

\\ Rolf

View solution in original post

77 REPLIES 77
HP Recommended

Same problem here! have you found any solution?

HP Recommended

Same issue here. HP, Intel and Windows update count this as the latest driver. I can not find the chipset for a manual driver install as it only lists the accelerator driver as the chip type

even a quick glance at the massive technical manual for this processor does not list a chipset, maybe it's not a standard chip?

To clarify: the upgrade to  windows 10 is blocked until this driver is supported.

HP Recommended

Same problem here.  The interesting thing for me is that the reservation icon never indicated a problem with the outdated display adaptor until today.  I went to Intel's site and ran their tool and they said everything was up to date.  Go figure.  Now my reservation icon is gone.  I really was curious to see how Windows 10 operated on the Envy x2.  Hopefully it will work out over time.

HP Recommended

Same here. I really love this machine but its performance is not the best. I was hoping it might run a bit better on Windows 10 given they keep touting "improved performance on your machine"

HP Recommended

Also I have the same issue which you mentioned. When I first received "Get Windows 10" logo in taskbar there was no issues displayed. When I check 29-July, its now showing Intel(R) graphic media accelerator not compatiable to windows 10.

HP Recommended

The Atom Z2760 in the Envy x2 uses PowerVR graphics, so that's probably why it isn't officially supported by Windows 10 yet. I have this computer as well, and I'm mostly commenting to let HP know that there are other people who'd like Windows 10 support for this device/chipset.

The Envy x2 came with Windows 8, so it's only one major OS update behind as of now.

HP Recommended

Me too; Guess we're all funked until HP update the driver because I checked with Intel and they referred me back to HP. 😕 😞

HP Recommended

Hi, did you manage to bring back the icon ? i tried many different methods with no success. 

HP Recommended

Same issue here.  I reserved a copy on my wife's PC and tried to do the update today but getting the same message as everyone else about the graphics driver not being supported.  Really disappointed in HP/Intel not having a driver ready for such a popular chipset.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.