cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
abigailsquea
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Solved!

laptop says: hp.cm/go/techcenter/startup

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
HP Recommended Solution: Please visit the HP Techcenter To Resolve Diagnostic Errors that Appear During Startup

When laptop powers on i get:   visit webpage: www.hp.com\go\startup

prinamry internal battery is (low or functioning at dangerously low levels)

it sounds like i need a replacement primary internal battery, plugged in the laptop runs normally, so where do i go to buy this new battery on a 3 year old pavilion?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Vidya
Level 14
Level 14
6,936 6,932 720 2,779
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please read the document that has the reason for this error and the next steps needed:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443470

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
dinu777
Level 6
Level 6
392 390 28 85
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

>>before that please do the battery test on your computer

Testing and Calibrating the Battery--- fallow the link to do the test

>>if you get any error msg please chage the battery

>>and if you wnat to get a new once call us 1800-474-6836

>>if we have stock will help you out

Please click "Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the
"Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

I am an HP employee
abigailsquea
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

this is how the screen read after i completed the battery test:

Battery test : Primary - Replace (30)    Secondary - NOT INSTALLED (60)

failure id : 90EEFX-5JT76F-MFH1SG-C0FP03

Product id : QA062UA#ABC

Primary Battery

Battery test : FAILED

a one-year warranrty was included with the laptop (which i registered as soon as i obtained this notebook), it expired atleast a year ago but i still want to replace the battery anyway i can

0 Kudos
Vidya
Level 14
Level 14
6,936 6,932 720 2,779
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This failure ID means the battery is having hardware issue and need to be replaced. You can contact HP technical Support and purchase a battery from them as your product is out of warranty.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
abigailsquea
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you for the help, i will start talking with technical support and i consider this topic closed

0 Kudos
mari456
3 2 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have had the same message on my ,'HP Pavilion notebook' for months even though its barely a year old!! Have souced new battery online its about £80 or on ebay about £40, currently managing with plugging it in every time I use it.  My battery indicaor (bottom right screen) tells me I have 90% so don't understand the message?? I wonder if message is an error and would like to remove it from startup screen - so if anyone knows how to do this and would like to share it thanks.

0 Kudos
abigailsquea
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Maria456

before i got this message my battery was ;asting less than thre hours and closer to 30 minutes between charges before i got this error message.

but if its happening  to you within the year you might be under warranty. atleast a 1year warranty came with my pavilion when i bought it new

0 Kudos
dinu777
Level 6
Level 6
392 390 28 85
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

- yes you will get only 1 year of warranty for the battery

-if your purchasing the battery form HP parts store check for the warranty details

Please click "Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the
"Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

I am an HP employee
abigailsquea
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

im having trouble finding a similar enough label

is the primary internal battery the large battery in the back that clips in and out without tools?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation