Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi @ruggb

I regret that you are still experiencing this difficulty.  Here is a link to   Restoring the BIOS as you believe it began with the bios update.  If the issue still remains, I suggest contacting HP support for assistance.  The link is in my previous post.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Sparkles

When I create the key, the file is 68CVD.bin regardless of which dnld I use.

When I boot to it it appears to do its thing but the BIOS remains F.50

I tried F.24 and F.0F

Am I getting the right file on the key or is it just reading the current BIOS?

It did say when I installed F.50 that I could not downgrade.-- but there must be a way.

HP Recommended

Hi @ruggb, 

You can usually  restore the bios from the bios window.  There is usually an option to restore defaults alond the bottom.  If that does not revert the bios then it is not downgradable just like the warning stated.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

so...how do i get some visibility at HP on an OOW product?

If it is a BIOS issue, I want it fixed by HP.

...but I can't even determine if it is the BIOS because I don't know if the BIOS is involved when it is not powered up.

I am assuming it is NOT, but I can't revert it to find out.

If it is a hardware issue then I can deal with that.

HP Recommended

Hi @ruggb ,

I regret that I do not have any further suggestions for you.  You can contact HP support for further assistance.

Please call our technical support at 800 474 6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get a support number for your region.

World Wide Phone Support

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I tried all the fixes listed,nothing worked,  even tech support HP couldn't help. Then as a last ditch effort before shipping to HP , I went to the power settings and reset back to default settings and then rebooted/restarted my HP notebook windows 8. IT WORKED! 100% charged, I unplugged and used the battery down and then replugged, it waited till I closed the lid and let pc sleep,but it was again 100% charged when I opened lid and signed back on. 

HP Recommended

well, I guess that says something about HP Support.

HOWEVER, it didn't work for me.

I'm back to thinking it is a hw issue.

finding it w/o a schematic will be interesting indeed.

HP Recommended

In trying the method that ddtburg on 3/14/2013 recommends, my computer automatically reinstalls the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and ACPI Fixed Features when I restart my computer.  Any suggestions or other methods of successfully getting my battery to charge?

Thanks for any help you can give me.  I am a novice with computers.  I spent an hour on the phone with HP turning my computer over to a rep who diagnosed a bad battery.  So, I bought a new battery and still have the same problem.

HP Recommended

HI  @ruggb 

@JusticeandFaith 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi,

I had the same issue. Probook6560b. Patiently ive read all the suggestions.

Before removing any ACPI drivers or taking out the battery I waited for my battery to drain till 60% as i saw a sollution like that from someone here and that solved the issue for me. On 59% i plugged in the charger and battery started charging.

Thank you all.

EDIT: This happened after installing Mint and i have dual boot with win7 ultimate  64it.

And under Mint i have issues with the battery not fully charging to 100% and LED charging indicator to not work properly - every time i boot under Mint and charge up to 99% (cant reach 100%) the LED turns OFF and  the charger is plugged. So it doesnt indicated that the charger is plugged or charging. Removing the charger and plugged it back didnt turn on the LED, but charging.

Booting back to windows makes the LED working but  "pluggied in, but not charging".

I have uninstalled ACPI (it was installed back automaticaly),

took out the charger,

let it drain again.  This time till 79% and now plugged - started charging.

I dont understand why acpi is acting like this. Do i need to clear CMOS or check BIOS for any settings ? How linux will affect the windows acpi ?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.