Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello experts,

I have hp pavilion g6 2005ax laptop(powered by AMD A8-4500m processor). my question is that whenever i power on virtual machine(VMWARE 9) on my laptop the processor temperature  rises 98-100degree centigrade  instantly and normal temperature of my laptop is 88-90degree centigrade.

Is it usual temperature of processor(AMD A8-4500m)????????????. If it's not then please suggest me a solution.

I also want to upgrade RAM of my laptop but i don't know which frequency(1333/1600MHz) of RAM is used in my laptop.

HP support assistant shows "4GB SODIMM Nanya Technology 1333MHz" about existing RAM but when I purchaged my laptop  and check the specifications. It showed 1600MHz of RAM but it changed after software update.

I also had a look of BIOS but it did not show the frequency.

How can i know the actual frequency of RAM. Please suggest me any idea/tool etc.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I am fairly sure it runs at 1333 mhz (667 x 2) but you can check it out with a free tool called CPU-Z here:

http://cpu-z-portable.en.softonic.com/

I linked to the portable version which you can run without installing, but there are "full" versions, too.

With virtualization, you want to have as much memory as possible. Your laptop is running a bit hot so you might think about a cooling pad. Again, virtualization is intense and is going to stress everything and raise the temperature as much as gaming does.

HP Recommended

Hello sir,

After install your suggested tool, i got ...........

CPU-Z generates the following  information......

UNDER MEMORY COLUMN

Type                                          --             DDR3

Size                                             --           4GB                                                                             

Channels                                   --            Single(it has two slots for RAM but only one is occupied.) 

NB Frequency                          --           1311.5 MHz (not static,  moves up and down 1109.4 to 1604.4 MHz)

DRAM Frequency                    --            672.6 MHz (Dynamic frequency)

UNDER SPD COLUMN

Max Bandwidth                      --             PC3-12800 (800 MHz)

Timing Table---------------------------------------------------------------------------

JEDEC#4             JEDEC#5               JEDEC#6            JEDEC#7

Frequency                         609 MHz            685MHz               761MHz            838MHz

please tell me proper conclusion...............

What is the actual frequency of RAM.............?????????

HP Recommended

@CSsingh,  

I understand that you need to know what rate the RAM is measured at.  As noted in the specifications, it should have 1600MHz RAM.  

You mentioned that it went to 1333 after a software update.  By chance, was this a BIOS update?

What is the current BIOS version?  This should be accessibly by pressing Fn + Esc.

What was used to detect the original speed difference (the change from 1600 to 1333)?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Hello sir,

Current BIOS version is "Insyde f.26".

I used HP Support Assistant tool(pre-installed software) to detect original speed difference (the change from                 1600MHzto 1333MHz).

I want to upgrade RAM 4GB to 8GB because I highly use VMWARE with Solaris 10, Red hat Linux and other OS.

Is it clear that my laptop has the RAM of 1600MHz ???????

Please also tell me that what is the normal temperature of AMD A8-4500M quad core APU ???

Because it goes over 100 degree centigrade with VMWARE and over 135 with latest pc games.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

According to this site, processor can operate up to 100 degrees Celsius.  As Huffer noted, I recommend using a cooling pad.  Virtualization will force the hardware to work harder, so it will generate more heat than it would otherwise.  This site also confirms the operating temperature of the process.  This site, which is from AMD, states the maximum temperature is 100 degrees Celsius.  To take a it a step further than just the cooling pad, you can use a can of compressed air to clear the vents to ensure that any dust build up is relocated away from the air flow path.

If you roll the BIOS back to F.23, found here, does HP Support Assistant reflect 1333 or 1600?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

HEY can you please help me too........

mine processor is Also 

AMD A8-4500M 32NM TRINITY TECHNOLOGY......

This also has temperature every-time fluctuating 97C-125C !!!

And THE PROBLEM IS, THIS IS WHEN I DO NOTHING, JUST BOOTS UP OS.,,

And some times it goes upto 145C!!!!

Please any TECH-GUY help me out..whats the problem.

I did every possible physical work,,, Servicing, cleaning, applied Thermal paste, using cooling pad...and everything.

Whats the reason then???????????? HELP ME........

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.