Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The Poly Phones Knowledge Base is live! We look forward to helping you with common issues and troubleshooting advice!
HP Recommended

I have the same issue others have talked about - in that my soundstation 2W has stopped registering with the base station.

To rectify the problem I have:

• Upgraded to the latest software on the unit - this was completed without issue
  • Tried at least 10 times to register the unit following the instructions above
  • Re-booted the unit a number of times
  • re-started to factory settings
  • Tried a load more times to register
  • Changed the analouge phone socket that the base station was plugged into
  • Tried again - no joy.

Is the unit to be thrown in the bin or is there anything else I can try.

Clearly these units are not cheap and therefore I would be disappointed if this is game over?

Any tangiable help would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Hello GBlack,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The same answer as already given to other posters within this topic applies. 

Please contact your Polycom reseller for an RMA of the unit. This is not recoverable in the field by an end user.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello

Can polycom console pair with base which has different part no

HP Recommended

Hello urbo,

In my own experience the base station and the actual SS2W unit can be swapped with each other.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have tried all possible methods to make it work But it doesn't seem to work. There is signal, it says its ready but the device wouldn't work. Can someone  please tell me the reason or can they help me install it. I would really appreciate it if someone could lend there support! 

HP Recommended

Hello Rakesh123,

The same answer as already given to other posters within this topic applies. 

Please contact your Polycom reseller for an RMA of the unit. This is not recoverable in the field by an end user.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

We placed the order online ( Polycom Website ). What do I do now?

I am able to register the console with the base. But it doesnt seem to do anything after that.

HP Recommended

Hello Rakesh123,

I am not sure I can follow you so please call Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

How is this done, I had two SS2W sets, but I lost the base from one set and the console from the other and I want to pair the ones I have left.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello ggomez,

The process how to upgrade the software and register the phone is described at the beginning of this post.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.