Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What settings should I use to print on overhead projector film - it's not an option offered on my Officejet 8620 paper menu.

All my attempts have resulted in a wet print that smudges even after an hour or two of drying time.

Yes, I know, I know - who uses overhead projectors and film slides these days?  Answer - the old fogey who also gets out his quill pen from time to time :).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The ink will not dry no matter what setting you are using. That film is not supported, you will need to find an alternative.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The ink will not dry no matter what setting you are using. That film is not supported, you will need to find an alternative.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you so much Valsimot - I remember now that when I was using the film in the past, it was with a laser printer - which worked fine.  But of course inkjet on film is never going to work - silly me for trying!!  Thank you for replying so helpfully.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.