Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Any word on when any 902 cyan ink will be available? No point in owning this printer if I can't print color. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Don't bother.  Go and get another brand.  The cartridges have been in short supply for 6 months, and now I can't even get one from HP.  Since the printer won't function - even in black and white - with an empty color cardridge, I basically have a boat anchor.  

HP Recommended

@ebartcf, @DavidMcarr Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the replacement options for the ink cartridge or to check its availability. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

You may check if the printer/ink cartridges are eligible for a replacement. Refer to -  'Incompatible' or 'Defective Cartridge' message

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That would be great if your site would actually allow someone to create a case# and speak with a rep to resolve the issue! I'm NEVER PURCHASING ANOTHER HP PRODUCT!
You can't find ink for them! I found an off-brand  that says it replaces the HP 902 and the **bleep** printer won't even accept it. WE WANT TO PRINT AND HP SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF ITSELF FOR THEIR LACK OF CARE AND COMING IN HERE TELLING US TO CREATE A CASE BUT THE SITE DOESN'T EVEN ALLOW YOU TO DO SO. CALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE POINTS YOU TO CREATE A CASE ONLINE AND WON'T ALLOW YOU TO ACTUALLY SPEAK TO ANYONE!!

HP Recommended

I completely agree. I just got the color cartridges delivered directly from HP. Put them in and had to clean the heads as the print was terrible. The print kept improving so did it 2x's all 3 levels and now my ink says it's low. I can't win!!!!!!

I will not buy another HP and will tell everyone I can not to also. I too cannot speak to anyone live.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.