Level 2
16 11 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

902 Ink hasn't been sent

HP Recommended
Deskjet 6970
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I posted over a week ago about the lack of availability of the 902 ink cartridges for over 6 months now.   Hundreds o other, if not thousands, have posted such as well.  Finally got a response via private mail from 2 people with the "HP" badge.  One said that they were sending the needed ink to me and asked for my address on Dec 8.  I figured that my address was safe enough to send since it is public info anyway but also wondered why HP doesn't already have it since I am a registered user (and owner of MANY HP products over the years).  

A week later, no ink and not even note about tracking info or when to expect it.  Did I get scammed?  Were these 2 people legitimate?  I was on my way to buy a Canon or Epson printer last week but decided to wait since I thought that ink was "on the way".  I can't keep waiting for it to get here, especially when I can't reliably reach any HP reps to give me any information.

I am SO done with anything HP at this point. 

1 REPLY 1
Author
Level 2
16 11 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For the forum members and not HP employees:

Since HP is not fixing the 902 cartridge issue and won't tell anyone (despite thousands of posts here asking when it will be available), what brand of printer do you recommend?  I have been a loyal HP printer, computer, and monitor customer, but I am now DONE with them.  I understand that things happen.  Manufacturing screw ups can occur, but not fixing it for over 6 months; only replying to forum posts with bot-generated canned responses; and not having any specifics as to when fixes will be available or answering the thousands of questions posted here have turned me in to and "anything but HP" customer.  

So... what brand of printer do you recommend to purchase?  Canon? Brother? Epson? 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation