Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Tri-color 902XL ink cartridge for Office Jet Pro 6968
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP support in the Philippines tells me the reason why I can't purchase a refill of tri-color 902XL ink cartridge for my HP Office Jet Pro 6968 is because of a recall for "quality issues." What are the issues? He couldn't say. Will the product be on the market again? Yes, he says. When will it be on the market again? January 2021, he says. Faced with a color print job for the holidays, however, I went ahead and bought knock-off  902 cartridges from LxTek. Quality so bad I can't use on my annual Christmas letter.  I asked the HP guy in the Philippines what workarounds HP might provide.  His reply: I can purchase a new  HP printer and I'll be able to return it for a full refund in 30 days. Or, I can sign up for the automatic refill program that HP  offers, with automatic billing when I start using the ink. Unbelievable! I'm retired and don't want to go to the trouble of purchasing and installing a new printer. And I don't do enough printing to justify the automatic cartridge refill program.  Two big issues: 1. Nowhere on the HP web site does the company explain what's happening. The "chat" provided is with a robot that isn't programmed to deal with this issue. Took me 40 minutes of phone calls to get to a human being, who provided very little information; 2. The workarounds  trap the consumer into buying yet more HP products and are probably illegal. If enough of us are concerned, please chime in. [content removed]

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@GirlReporter 

Your comments are welcome as long as they adhere to HP Support Community: Rules of Participation

Here at the Community, we have the following to offer on the subject:

HP OfficeJet Printers - 'Incompatible' or 'Defective Cartridge' message

This document applies only to these HP Officejet and Officejet Pro printers that use HP 910, 912, 914, 915, 902-905, or HP 935 ink cartridges:

• HP Officejet 6810, 6820, 6950, 6960, and 8010 printer series
  • HP OfficeJet Pro 6230, 6830, 6960, 6970, 8020, and 8030 printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Reminder:  The Community is not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.