Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6968
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had a problem with a 902 cyan cartridge - Incompatible.  I contacted HP and they sent a replacement.  This cartridge would not print.  I cleaned the print heads multiple times which didn't work.  When I checked my other color cartridges, which I had just installed a couple of days before, they were all empty!  So, I printed in black and went to pick up another supply of color cartridges the next day.  The 902 shelves were empty!  That's when I discovered that there was a recall.  All this happened within a week.  How long has this recall been going on and why wasn't I told when I had the first problem?  I have two questions: 1) when will the recall be over?  2) if these bad cartridges caused damage to the printer, what will HP do or not do?  My printer is out of warranty but it is only a couple of years old and I am not ready for a new one.  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@PatrioticLeo

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I CONTACTED HP AND ANSWERED THEIR QUESTIONS ABOUT WHERE CARTRIDGE WAS MANUFACTURED. I ADVISED MALAYSIA.  THEY SENT ME 4 BRAND NEW CARTRIDGES.  I INSTALLED AND CYAN STILL NOT PRINTING, NOR IS IT APPEARING AS BEING FILLED.

EVERYTHING I HAVE SEEN INDICATES THERE ARE PROBLEMS WITH BOTH THE CYAN AND YELLOW.

CYAN MY ONLY PROBLEM.  WHEN CAN WE EXPECT TO RECEIVE CORRECTED CARTRIDGES?

HP Recommended

My issue exactly. Yellow wring. Cyan not. No way to reach anyone for support. Awful customer service.

HP Recommended

My 902XL Cyan cartridge will not print -   I changed it 4 times and it is shown as full .   I cleaned the printer head -  but Cyan still will not prinet - 

HP Recommended

@PJ1003, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.