Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8028
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I bought a 4 pack of 910XL cartridges which includes the black, cyan, magenta and yellow cartridges. My printer was only low for the cyan and yellow so I removed them from the packaging and installed them. I closed the cover and the printer showed an error saying the cyan cartridge was not compatible for my printer. I installed the empty cyan cartridge and it went past the error and said the cyan cartridge was low. I assumed the new cyan cartridge was defective so I exchanged the whole package of cartridges with another new one. I came home and installed the new cyan and yellow cartridges and the printer shows an error saying the cyan cartridge is not compatible with my printer. I put the original empty cyan cartridge back in the printer and it goes past the error. What is going on? I have heard there is a recall on 910 cartridges which is why they are hard to find. I bought the cartridge packs at Office Depot. I own the OfficeJet Pro 8028 which uses 910 cartridges.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@djw0414, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience. Yes, there is an issue with the new lot of HP 902 Cyan and Yellow ink cartridges. If the Cartridge was manufactured in Malaysia and Warranty End Date is between April 1st, 2022 and September 18th, 2022, please do not use this ink cartridge.

Reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the replacement options for the ink cartridge. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is amazing how hard it was for me to find this "solution" to my problem. I made 3 trips to Office Depot for cartridges and I still can't use my printer. I just purchased an Epson printer which actually has ink available to use. I am returning my HP printer and will never do business with HP again. We will see how long it takes HP to take down this truthful post.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. Staples refunded the ink this past fall but there are no replacements available. I just got off the phone after 46 minutes with an HP rep asking how to get ink for my printer. This is a brand new printer that I just purchased in July of this summer- 2020. I haven't been able to use it for over 3 months. Now they are going to send me a replacement ink for $100 versus the $75 I originally paid at Staples. There is still no guarantee the ink will work when it gets here. I am very disappointed and unhappy. They wouldn't acknowledge any kind of a recall or problem. I'm trying to be hopeful that it will work when it arrives. 

HP Recommended

I registered my printer with HP and they never contacted me or anybody else that I know of that there was a major ink supply problem with the printer. The only thing they appear to do with your registration information is spam you about other HP products or try to get you to fall for their lame "Instant Ink" program. I returned my HP printer to Costco and now I am a happy Epson customer. I used to buy laptops and desk top products from HP but I will never go near their products again. Very bad customer service!

HP Recommended

In the HP reply you noted 902 cartrige. it should be 910. I have just bought from Walmart the HP 910 color pack and it is manufactured in Malaysia and September 2022 date.  The Cyan does not print color....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.