Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

The printer has 10 months warranty left.  The black ink is full. 3rd ink cartridge change through instant ink so genuine hp ink. Black prints out missing bits or with lines on. Done several print head alignments and test page and cleaning nozzle heads and its still the same. Where do I go now

HP Recommended

@zoe8-1996, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

If you have tried the steps mentioned in the previous posts and the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options for your printer as it is still under warranty. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I got no response from anyone at HP, so I bought an Epson ET-2750 which is working just fine (and no cartridges to change for a long time).  Interestingly, when I went to investigate spare parts for my HP Photosmart 6520, there were some fairly decent pages of information which helped me make the decision that I needed to buy new (in the absence of someone explaining the reset process to get the black cartridge working).  It was the lack of client focused content on the support site and lack of response to my post and all the other comments on-line about the black ink cartridge problem with HP (it certainly appears that the printer shuts the black cartridge off if the parking bay is caked in black ink and despite cleaning it all away I couldn't get it to work), that led me to select the Epson ET-2750.  It wouldn't take much to improve your Support site to link to these pages more effectively and it would be better to be open with people about how to properly clean and get the black cartridge working again).  Now I have taken my old HP printer to our local dump for them to recycle - what a waste of a perfectly good and reliable printer that likely only needed a reset process to be known to get working again.  Hope you find my feedback here useful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.