Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Color Laserjet Pro MFP M337dw
macOS 10.15 Catalina

When printing, the print job comes out with black streaks!

What is causing this to happen?

How can it be fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

My resolve is going to be to buy new printing cartridges!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Maybe can be fixed. Tell me what printer you using and take picture of configuration page or any page where you see strips. Also, check supplay status and post here. 

I am not HP emplye.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
HP Recommended

Printer: Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M377dw

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 4.57.29 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 4.54.14 pm.png

HP Recommended

StreaksStreaksLevelsLevels

HP Recommended

As the defect appears to be strictly black, it is very likely that your black cartridge is bad. Remove the cartridge and look at the blue/green drum on the bottom of the cartridge. If it has lines and debris that match your print out then try a different black cartridge.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks Repairatrooper, I'll give it a go and get back to you!

HP Recommended

My resolve is going to be to buy new printing cartridges!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.