Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Since replacing cartridges colour prints appeared with horizontal broad lines. Printed alignment page scan could not read and complete due to ink or print issues. Alignment shows bottom seven lines looking normal blue rectangles present at side, eighth blue block at side to left just outline on the right next two lines hardly visible. Last four lines the same. Proceeded to clean printheads three times blue faded more with each clean.Tried advance clean blue disappeared completely.Diagnostic page didn’t show blue at all. Reprinted alignment several times but scan still would not complete. I even put old cartridge back in case new one was faulty but no difference.I’ve had printer two years  Printer is HP Office Jet Pro 8020 series.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @crazienan ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you've already taken several troubleshooting steps to try and resolve the issue with the blue ink not being visible or printing properly on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 series printer. 

Here are some additional steps you can try:

• Check Cartridge Installation: Ensure that the blue ink cartridge is properly installed. Sometimes, cartridges may not be seated correctly, leading to printing issues.
  • Clean Cartridge Contacts: Remove the blue ink cartridge and clean the contacts on both the cartridge and the printer with a lint-free cloth lightly moistened with distilled water. Make sure they are completely dry before reinstalling the cartridge.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Ensure that your printer's firmware is up to date. Sometimes, firmware updates can resolve printing issues. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Use Genuine HP Ink Cartridges: Ensure that you are using genuine HP ink cartridges. Third-party or refilled cartridges may not always work properly with the printer and can cause printing issues.
  • Run Print Quality Diagnostic Tools: Most HP printers have built-in print quality diagnostic tools that can help identify and resolve printing issues. Look for options in your printer's menu or on the printer's control panel to run diagnostic tests or print quality reports.
  • Reset Printer: Try resetting your printer to its factory defaults. This can sometimes resolve software-related issues that may be causing the problem.

Refer to this document: HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 All-in-One Printer series user manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.