Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5665
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to contact support but I can't call unless I have a case number, and 

I can't find where to get one.  I used to think HP was good, but their customer 

service has not done good by me.  How can I even ask for help when I can't even 

get a case number?  What ever happened top good old fashion service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@notageek15 

"Good old fashioned service" case number submission to HP Tech Support is not available on your (approximately) seven year old printer.

HP issues case numbers for those products in Warranty.

If you wish to do so, you can ask us for help.

To increase the chance that someone will answer, 

When you Ask your question,

Please do provide enough information for us to identify what you are doing, what you have tried, and what kind of help you need.

HP Support - Technical Support for Devices in Warranty

Case submission to HP Support is available to those whose devices are registered and still in Warranty.

For the rest of us, this is not an option.

HP Support does not generally provide free service for out-of-warranty devices.

Our Community is not HP Support; we do offer help free of charge.

Scroll to bottom > Ask the Community

Post New Question

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY 5665 e-All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@notageek15 

"Good old fashioned service" case number submission to HP Tech Support is not available on your (approximately) seven year old printer.

HP issues case numbers for those products in Warranty.

If you wish to do so, you can ask us for help.

To increase the chance that someone will answer, 

When you Ask your question,

Please do provide enough information for us to identify what you are doing, what you have tried, and what kind of help you need.

HP Support - Technical Support for Devices in Warranty

Case submission to HP Support is available to those whose devices are registered and still in Warranty.

For the rest of us, this is not an option.

HP Support does not generally provide free service for out-of-warranty devices.

Our Community is not HP Support; we do offer help free of charge.

Scroll to bottom > Ask the Community

Post New Question

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY 5665 e-All-in-One Printer 

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I'll put this as solution because I didn't check that my printer was in warranty or not.  Should have checked that first.  Sorry.

HP Recommended

@notageek15 

No worries.

Some companies offer service on anything at any time.

HP offers hardware service during the device contract / Warranty period.

HP watches trends and works with the Community (behind the scene) to improve the services we offer as a volunteer workforce.  

Stay Safe.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.