Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello all, I recently installed new ink cartridges in my HP OfficeJet 4655 All-in-One Printer. The past two weeks or so, I have not been able to print in color. I can print in color from my iPhone if I use the HP Smart app on my iPhone. I've tried printing in color from the HP Smart app on my computer, but always comes out black and white.

I have gone through the steps with the virtual assistant. Making sure the correct port was being used, uninstalling my printer and reinstalling it. I've gone through this process probably five or six times in the past two weeks. I will also say the past two weeks was the first time I've printed anything in a year or a bit less. I've gone through the notion of cleaning the cartridge areas, realigned them, everything through that process that I can think of. I've attached a picture that is able to print in color from the printer. It's the only one in color besides what I printed from my iPhone.

HP Customer Support says they can't help me much since my product is out of warranty. I don't have the extra to buy a new printer right now. I need this one to work. Please help.IMG_9279.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@klbthornhill

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that your HP OfficeJet 4655 printer is not printing in colour. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Does the copy print out the same way?

While you respond to that, here's what I recommend you do: I recommend you delete the driver at the root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

• 1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
  • 2.) Select your HP Printer 
  • 3.) Select Uninstall 
  • 4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
  • 5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 
  • 6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 
  • 7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 
  • 8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 
  • 9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
  • 10.) Select Ok 
  • 11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
  • 12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, use this link to find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it: https://hp.care/2B3MVQS

And, also you can refer to the article: Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues refer to Step 5: Check the print settings.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.