Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy Photo 6230
Other

Hi, I have an HP Envy 6230 that I bought in Europe. I now live in the US and need to change the region on it because the cartridges that I buy here for it do not work.

I'm creating this thread because I read https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Printer-purchased-in-a-different-country-ne... and it says "Authoring a thread about the issue will result in one of us assisting you to get in contact with an HP Support team member who can help."

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @lunacinth,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I'd like to help!

I understand you moved, and the printer is not accepting the new region cartridges.

NOTE: regional reset is attempted on a best-effort basis, it might not work on all printers. 

We need to perform a regional reset on the printer to resolve this issue.

The reset instructions are specific to your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device.

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instructions to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks, I replied to the message. So, we can try to solve this in that message thread.

HP Recommended

Is there anyone on here that has done this on a Mac? I have installed all of the necessary software on my Mac and I can see the set region screen that asks me for some numbers from a CS agent. This is the screen on my Mac:Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 9.45.48 AM.png

The problem is that the CS agent that I'm working with can't get me the instructions for getting some additional data for a Mac and only has screenshots from an old Windows machine (like the below screenshot from CS).

If someone can just help me get this data  (especially the cartridge IDs) from a Mac, I can probably get this done.

thanks

626da522-f4e2-4782-bb9e-2695c2c1a8bc.default.png

HP Recommended

Hi @lunacinth,

We are sorry that the issue is not resolved when the above troubleshooting steps were performed.

This might require one-on-one interaction to fix the issue via remote assistance. 

Go to Contact HP Customer Support to schedule a product repair or replacement. If you are in Asia Pacific, you will be directed to a local service center in your area.

To confirm your warranty status, go to HP Product Warranty Check. Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty products.

Thanks
Elohi_NR

I am an HP Employee

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

This is a completely unacceptable answer. The issue is that you don't know how the HP software for Mac works and have given me instructions for the Windows version.

Can you please just look into how to do this on a Mac and send me those instructions? I've installed all of the software that you asked me to, but you just haven't told me what to do with that software.

I do not need a repair or replacement, I just need the region change instructions that actually work for the computer that I have and that you told me that you support.

I will not pay you "Repair fees" as this is just HP making my product not work when I moved for no reason other than charging more money for ink cartridges.

"If you are in Asia Pacific," is a ridiculous thing for someone to say in a thread that has a title that ends with "and is now in the US". You are fully aware of the fact that I'm in the US.

HP Recommended

Hi @lunacinth,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query. I will be glad to assist you.

I am sorry to hear that the previous shared steps did not help much but i do appreciate your efforts in performing the troubleshooting steps.

The support here is limited and this issue might require one-on-one interaction to fix it.

I've sent you a private message with the instructions. In order to access your private messages, Click the Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.