Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet3630

Hi my printer is saying that there is a problem with my colour ink cartridge, that its not communicating with the printer. I have done all the recommended steps and the problem still isn't fixed.

I had the same problem with the black ink a few months ago, and one day I turned my printer on and it was fixed. I'm not sure what the issue was but now its happening with the colour cartridge. I have left my printer off for a few days to see if it would sort it like it did with the black ink but so far no luck.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@AURORA2186, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand the color ink cartridge is not working. Have you used an alternate ink cartridge to check if that works?

Make sure the ink cartridges are properly inserted in the printer, you may refer to - Replace HP inkjet printer cartridges

Use HP ink cartridges.

Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document - Ink cartridge error

If the error persists, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the replacement options. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi I haven't tried any alternative ink cartridge as I subscribe to hp instant ink, would I be able to get a replacement cartridge set out. 

HP Recommended

@AURORA2186

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi I have been in touch with instant ink and they are sending a replacement ink cartridge, so I'm hoping this resolves the issue.

HP Recommended

@AURORA2186

Glad to know that. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same problem, i'm subscibe to hp instant ink, and colour cartridage don't works, and send me the missage "error del cartucho", I also have cleaned the cartridage like HP recomdations, but it doesn't work

please are you so kind to help me

HP Recommended

@carmetasn

I have sent you a private message with a set of instructions to perform a reset. Kindly check the same, this might help you to resolve this issue. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for your help!!!

You have resolt the problem, thanks again  🙂

HP Recommended

@carmetasn

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.