I am a computer technician, attempting to help a client with his computer only printing in grayscale. we know its not the printer itself, since it can print in color, both on test sheets AND when we send the printer a image via a phone. it prints in full color then! While reading responses, i've come to something odd. this computer doesn't have access to the normal grayscale option in the paper quality setting! all that shows is tray selection and the Quality settings! There is no option on the entire computer for changing the settings, and i've been on this thing searching all day, and according to the client, he's had this problem for months and i can see why!
Additionally, if the printer is connected wireless, follow the steps below-
1. Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.
2. Choose “Printers & scanners“.
3. elect “Add a printer or scanner“.
4. Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.
5. Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.
6. select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.
7. Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel.
8. Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".