Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser MFP 179fnw

Paper was jammed frequently on this printer. In the last incident, after I removed the jammed paper, the printing quality is affected. It prints duplicate image, extra lines, and random spots on the papers. I try to clean the toner dusts in the printer, but it doesn’t help. How can I get warranty service?

34A1F3B6-B939-421B-B706-A714C0C220F6.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @AlansNg 

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

I see that you are facing printing issues with HP Printer.

To isolate the issue, I would request you to elaborate the defect you are referring to.

Meanwhile, you can perform the steps mentioned in this link.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

The link that you provide is troubleshooting for an inkjet printer. My printer is a colour laser printer. I've checked the printer with all available tutorials on the internet, and I believe this issue is due to design or a defect. Troubleshooting won't help because I have spent 5 hours troubleshooting. Can you tell me how to get an onsite warranty service? My printer is new and still has 24 months onsite warranty. But I can't reach the warranty procedure. Please advice. 

More details:

I found that the toner dust is sitting on the drum. I've cleaned the dust on the drum, but the dust will appear again on the drum after a print. I believe this dust is then printed on the paper, making a duplicate image and dirty spots & lines. The dust is quite a lot and will accumulate after more prints. So I believe the drum has a defect or design mistake. It has a wiper that is supposed to clean the drum's dust when rolling. But it fails to clean them. To clarify, I'm using the original HP toner cartridge and I never use unauthorized products. 

HP Recommended

Hi 

I've sent you a private message with the instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.

Treeko
HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can't find the "private message" button. Did you send it to a different profile? The HP site is a bit complicated, and I can't log in to the first profile I created to write this post. HP.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.