Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Printer 7134
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer error message "Remove and reinstall cartridge". I've removed and replaced the cartridge. Clean the contacts. Shutdown the power - all as advised by the HP on-line virtual help assistant. I'm sure that all is needed is a replacement cartridge (had similar problem with the colour cartridge 6 months ago and this resolved the problem). Can't find anywhere to contact HP support direct. Very frustrating. At this rate I will be buying a new printer and it won't be HP!

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

I have the same issue, HP Envy 6234 black cartridge , I have removed and cleaned it twice. Did you ever get a contact number for them?

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem with a HP Envy 6234 black cartridge.

Followed the virtual agent about removing cartridge, cleaning contacts, etc. Still the same.

I pay monthly for instant ink and cannot find someone to actually speak to. I just think it is a faulty cartridge and need a new one.

Error says cartridge problem with the black

HP Recommended

Try 0207 660 6027. The only way I got this number was to try enrolling as a new customer using the Virtual Helpdesk and pretend I was having problems - they gave me a number! Within a few minutes of calling I was directed to the HP Ink Helpdesk and they have arranged to send a new cartridge. Hopefully problem solved.

HP Recommended

I messaged them on Whatsapp. I had to explain what was wrong several times but we finally got there and they are sending me a new cartridge

Good luck

HP Recommended

Would you mind sending their WhatsApp number or where I can actually find it.

Really annoyed with their virtual assistant, very poor and you end up going in a loop.

Thanks

HP Recommended

The virtual assistant is awful isnt it! I got through to HP Support Ireland   number on my phone is[personal info removed.]

Hope this helps.

I originally clicked the bottom link on the contact us page I had the option of that or Facebook

Lesley

HP Recommended

That's a Maine disconnected phone number

HP Recommended

It's not a cartridge issue. I got it on a black cartridge that was installed for about a month and then went bad, and I got the same message on my color cartridge that was empty. And these clowns hide from us and their problems. They ought to be ashamed.

HP Recommended

It’s the number that shows on my WhatsApp so not sure why, as I said I clicked the contact button on the HP website and then clicked whatsapp so didn’t actually put a number in.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.