Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8715 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When printing documents from my scanner the colours are much different. Can this be corrected please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MalcolmR 

Please excuse me!

The problem is only with the copies and scans, so this indicates that there is a problem with the scanner.
Like my previous message, I therefore recommend that you Contact HP in your country/region to find a solution with them directly.

Cheers,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@MalcolmR 

Hello,

Do you experience the same problem when printing color documents in Windows?

The scanner glass may be dirty and/or the automatic document feeder rollers may be dirty.
To do this, I recommend cleaning the scanner glass and the automatic document feeder (ADF) as well as the white part of the scanner/copier door.

You can also check the copy settings, to do this go to Make copies with an HP printer.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

I have cleaned the glass and then printed a "Print Quality Diagnostic Page" which appears to be good. Placing the printed page on the glass and copying it, the  black bands seem to have  a tinge of red, All the colours look similar to the original but noticeably darker.

HP Recommended

@MalcolmR 

Thanks for your return,

Are you registered for HP Instant Ink?
I am asking you this question, because if after restoring the factory settings of the printer, the issue continues, it will be necessary to reset the printer.

Proceed as follows to restore the printer's factory settings:

1. Open the control panel dashboard (drag the top dashboard tab down from any screen, or tap the dashboard area on the home screen).
  2. On the control panel, touch Setup icon ().
  3. Touch Printer Maintenance, then Restore.
  4. Touch Restore Factory Defaults and touch Continue.
    The product restarts automatically.
  5. Please reconfigure your printer.
  6. Try to print and make a copy.

HP Recommended

Have carried out the restore but problem still exists.

HP Recommended

@MalcolmR 

Thanks for your return,

You will need to follow the instructions below to reset printer:

1. On the front panel of the printer, click four times on the location of the back arrow (the arrow being inactive).
  2. A hidden menu will appear, click Support menu.
  3. Scroll down to Reset Menu, and validate with OK.
  4. Scroll down to Semi-Full reset, and validate with OK.
  5. The printer will shut down, please restart it.
  6. Please reconfigure the printer.

HP Recommended

That was very enlightening, but I still have the same problem.

HP Recommended

@MalcolmR 

In this case, it is a problem with the scanner, so the quality will remain like that.

Unfortunately, we have performed all possible solutions.

I don't know, if you already knew but you can Contact HP in your country/region to find a solution with them directly.

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your help. I don't use Chrome OS, I use Windows 10.

HP Recommended

@MalcolmR 

Please excuse me!

The problem is only with the copies and scans, so this indicates that there is a problem with the scanner.
Like my previous message, I therefore recommend that you Contact HP in your country/region to find a solution with them directly.

Cheers,:Wink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.