Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2721e All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Foto cant get collor and the writer tell me that the printer are OK

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @TRESVIK,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP DeskJet 2721e All-In-One Printer is having trouble printing in color, but diagnostics or printer software is indicating that everything is okay, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Check Ink Levels

First, ensure that your printer has sufficient color ink. Low ink levels can result in poor print quality or the inability to print in color.

2. Verify Printer Settings

Make sure that your print settings are configured to print in color. This can usually be adjusted in the 'Print' dialog box when you go to print a document. Look for an option that says something like "Print in Grayscale" and ensure it's not selected.

3. Clean Print Heads

If your printer's ink levels are fine and it's set to print in color, but you're still having issues, try cleaning the print heads. Clogged print heads can prevent color ink from being properly dispensed. This option is typically found within the printer's maintenance settings.

Steps to clean print heads:

• Open the HP printer software on your computer.
  • Navigate to the “Printer Maintenance” or similar section.
  • Select the option to clean the print heads. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

4. Update Printer Drivers

Outdated or corrupt printer drivers can also cause printing issues. Visit the HP website, find the support page for your specific printer model (HP DeskJet 2721e), and download the latest drivers for Windows 10 (64-Bit).

5. Check for Windows Updates

Sometimes, an update for Windows can resolve compatibility issues with printers. Go to 'Settings' > 'Update & Security' > 'Windows Update' and check for any available updates.

6. Try a Different Application

If you're trying to print from a specific application and encountering issues, try printing from another application to see if the problem persists. This can help determine if the issue is with the printer or the original application.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ho Rachel571 anbefalte meg og kontakte dere på skriftlig norsk. 

Hei. Håper dere kan lese mitt svar, og eventuelt om det er noe forslag fra dere hva jeg må gjøre. Rachel571, ønsker ikke svar på norsk. Jeg får ikke til å svare Rachel571 på engelsk, da hennes melde box oversetter min beskjed til henne fra engelsk til norsk automatisk.  

Tusen takk for svar. Jeg vil nå prøve å skrive til deg Rachel på engelsk og deretter oversette den i google translate. Så jeg håper du forstår hva jeg skriver.

Det er viktig for meg at du får svar fra meg.

Alt som du beskriver punkt for punkt, for meg, har jeg nå båret punkt for punkt, på min HP-skriver. Men det hjelper ikke. Jeg lastet også ned en ny fotoapp fra internett, men det hjalp heller ikke. Jeg kan ikke se og forstå at det er flere muligheter for meg som amatør, å kunne korrigere og korrigere og justere mer enn det jeg har gjort på min HP-skriver. Garantien på skriveren min er utløpt, så det er ikke noe håp om en ny HP-skriver fra HP.

Men jeg vil fortelle deg noe nytt fra HP-skriveren min. Jeg mottok et dokument fra staten Norge, hvor jeg måtte logge inn på deres hjemmeside, for å skrive ut dokumentet. Der på dokumentet var det en fargelogo, og den kom Der på dokumentet var det en fargelogo, og det kom ut på dokumentet som jeg skrev ut på HP-skriveren min. En flott fargelogo.

Så da er det forskjell på hva HP-printeren skriver ut her lokalt på printeren, hvor jeg vil ha fotoprinting i farger, men ikke får det, men dokumentet som lastes ned fra internett kommer automatisk på trykk i flotte farger.

Jeg forventer ikke at du Rachel har et riktig svar for meg nå som løser problemet, jeg vil bare informere deg om livet til Arvid med en HP-skriver, ikke fungerer slik den er bygget for, av HP. Problemet er som tidligere fortalt, jeg vil skrive ut bilder i farger, men får det ikke. Noen ganger skriver HP-skriveren ut bilder i svart-hvitt med mange striper og et veldig uskarpt bilde, et bilde som ikke kan brukes. Kanskje jeg må kjøpe en skriver fra et annet firma. Denne skriveren er min 4 fra HP. Tanker og ta vare.

Mvh

Arvid M. Tresvik

HP Recommended

Hey @TRESVIK !

Hope your doing fine!

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards.

JessikaV
HP Support Community Administrator

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

TRESVIK to Rachel571.  JessikaV write to you Rachel in English and then translate it in google translate. So, I hope you understand what I'm writing.
It's important to me that you get a response from me.
Everything that you describe point by point, to me, I have now carried point by point, on my HP printer. But that doesn't help. I also downloaded a new photo app from the internet, but it didn't help either. I cannot see and understand that there are more possibilities for me as an amateur, to be able to correct and correct and adjust more than what I have done on my HP printer. The warranty on my printer has expired, so there is no hope of a new HP printer from HP.
But I will tell you something new from my HP printer. I received a document from the state Norway, where I had to log in to their website, in order to print the document. There on the document there was a color logo, and it came There on the document there was a color logo, and it came out on the document that I printed on my HP printer. A great color logo.
So then there is a difference between what the HP printer prints here locally on the printer, where I want photo printing in color but don't get it, but the document that is downloaded from the internet automatically comes in print in great color.
I don't expect that you Rachel have a correct answer for me now that solves the problem, I just want to inform you about the life of Arvid with an HP printer, not working the way it is built for, by HP. The problem is as previously told, I want to print photos in color but don't get it. Sometimes the HP printer prints photos in black and white with many stripes and a very blurry image, an image that cannot be used. Maybe I have to buy a printer from another firm. This printer is my 4 from HP. Tanks and take care.
Mvh
Arvid M. Tresvik

HP Recommended

Hi @TRESVIK ,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but it seems that the issue needs a hardware repair.

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

They can help you with the unit repair or part replacement.

I request you talk to HP Phone Support and they will help you to sort it out as it requires advance support or repair.

1. Click on this link -  https://support.hp.com/us-en

2. Select the country.

3. Enter the serial number of your device.

4. Select the country from the drop-down.

5. Click on "Show Options".

6. Fill out the web form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.