Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7155
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Installed a black ink 64XL cartridge in HP ENVY Photo 7155 printer and get ink installed incorrectly error.  Removed and re-installed several times and get same error.  Replaced the XL Cartridge with a standard capacity black HP 64 cartridge and printer works fine.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This is a follow up to my post about incorrect installation of black 64XL ink.  I scanned other improper installation posts and tried the ones that could apply to my issue.  None of the posted tips resolved the issue with my HP ENVY Photo 7155.  By the way, the 64XL cartridge I installed was purchased online from the HP Store and I do not subscribe to the Instant ink program.  The standard capacity black HP 64 cartridge that is working was purchased from Walmart.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.