Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser MFP 179fnw
iOS

IMG_1576.jpeg

HP Color Laser MFP 179fnw

Every page I print has a shadow at the bottom part of the page repeating what is printed on the page (see image for example).

I have followed all the troubleshooting steps in the page "HP Color Laser 178, 179 Printers - Fixing Poor Print Quality" and it did not help. I think it is an issue with the imaging drum. What should I do?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Teknoman007,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you've already gone through the troubleshooting steps provided by HP and the issue persists, it's possible that there may be an issue with the imaging drum or other internal components. Here are some additional steps you can take.

Check the Imaging Drum:

• Make sure the imaging drum is installed correctly. If it's loose or not seated properly, it can cause print quality issues.
  • If the imaging drum is damaged or worn, consider replacing it with a new one. Follow your printer's user manual for guidance on how to replace the imaging drum.

Clean the Imaging Drum:

• If there's visible toner or debris on the imaging drum, gently clean it using a lint-free cloth. Be careful not to scratch the drum surface.
  • Follow the printer's manual for specific instructions on how to clean the imaging drum properly.

Update Firmware:

• Ensure that your printer has the latest firmware installed. Sometimes, firmware updates include bug fixes and improvements that can address print quality issues.

Check Toner Cartridges:

• Ensure that the toner cartridges are securely installed. If a toner cartridge is not seated correctly, it can cause print quality problems.
  • Verify that the toner cartridges are not low on toner. Replace any low or empty cartridges.

Run Diagnostic Tests:

• Many printers have diagnostic or cleaning functions that you can run. Refer to your printer's manual to find and run these tests.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.