Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3515 e-AiO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased my HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3515 e-AiO from Oman but recently shifted to India. The cartridges which were compatible in Oman was the 650 cartridge but in India, they were not available. So I purchased the 678 cartridges and the printer tells me that the cartridges are not compatible.

I learnt online that the printers are region locked and I have to contact HP support for regionalisation reset. As the printer was purchased in the Middle East I got a UAE contact number. After making an international call and wasting my money the operator there told me that I should contact India call centre. But there is no call option for India region. Only virtual agent option is there. Please help I have already purchased the new cartridges, only need to region reset.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Is the Printer connected to the Laptop by a USB cable?

If yes, follow the below steps:

1. Launch the printer software from the desktop icon or Or, from the Start menu, click Start, All Programs, HP, the Product Name, and then the Product Name again.

2. Double-click the Estimated Ink Levels icon in the printer software. The Estimated Ink Levels window opens.

3. Press and hold the CTRL and SHIFT keys, and then right-click anywhere in the Estimated Ink Levels window, except for a button. The Set New Region window opens.

4. If the Set New Region window fails to open, right-click to the right and left of the Estimated Ink Levels window.

Use the "Copy to Clipboard" feature to paste the values here or take a screenshot of the screen and send it to me in private.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Kaushal375

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Yes, we'll have to do a region reset.

To do a printer region reset you need to meet the following conditions:

1. The printer should be connected using a printer USB cable to the computer.

2. You need to have the printer full feature software installed on your computer. 

3. You need to have all the cartridges either from the region from where the printer was purchased originally or the new region to which you want to reset it to.

Please do let us know.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can connect my laptop to the printer and I have cartridges ready from my new region. But what should I do next?

HP Recommended

Is the Printer connected to the Laptop by a USB cable?

If yes, follow the below steps:

1. Launch the printer software from the desktop icon or Or, from the Start menu, click Start, All Programs, HP, the Product Name, and then the Product Name again.

2. Double-click the Estimated Ink Levels icon in the printer software. The Estimated Ink Levels window opens.

3. Press and hold the CTRL and SHIFT keys, and then right-click anywhere in the Estimated Ink Levels window, except for a button. The Set New Region window opens.

4. If the Set New Region window fails to open, right-click to the right and left of the Estimated Ink Levels window.

Use the "Copy to Clipboard" feature to paste the values here or take a screenshot of the screen and send it to me in private.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have privately messaged all the details. Please check!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.