Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Incompatible Cartridges - The indicated cartridges are not intended for use in this printer.

* I am replacing them with HP910, which is the same cartridge that I currently have

* I have made sure that the cartridge was placed properly in the slot, I heard the click noise after insertion

* I have cleaned the cartridge and the connections where the cartridge would go in the printer.

* If I insert the old cartridge it will recognize it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Andy_Synnex, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience. Yes, there is an issue with the new lot of HP 902 Cyan and Yellow ink cartridges. If the Cartridge was manufactured in Malaysia and Warranty End Date is between April 1st, 2022 and September 18th, 2022, please do not use this ink cartridge.

Reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the replacement options for the ink cartridge. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

I put in brand new 910 cartridges and got the Incompatible Cartridge message.  I tried putting on the old ones again, and got the same message.  I have cleaned the contacts, tried to update Firmware, followed protocols.....  nothing works.  Advice?

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. The original inks came with the printer and the replacements are HP 910. I put the old inks back and the printer read them just fine. It doesn’t make sense why replacements that are the exact same do not work. Also funny that we all have the same issue within days of each other.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem and also cannot get the old cartridge that originally came with the printer to work.

HP Recommended

I was able to get 2/3 of the cartridges to work. The sample inks (the ones that came with the printer) read as compatible so I swapped out the new inks 1 by 1. I started with Yellow and worked my way through.  I made sure each one worked before I tried swapping out the next color. Turns out I have a bad blue (doesn’t work after cleaning). I was at least able to get magenta and yellow to work so that’s a win. Going to reach out to HP about the faulty blue.

HP Recommended

Forgot to mention that I never had an issue with black. Only the colors. 

HP Recommended

I am also having trouble with the blue cartridge.  I opened up another box to try it and got the same result.  I have also tried replacing all of the colors and the error that I am returned is regarding the blue cartridge.  If you get a hold of HP, please reply here so that you can help all of us on this thread.  

Thank You!

HP Recommended

HP is pulling stock on this printer (1KR57A#B1H).  We have no options but to try and work with HP on returning this printer and getting a new/different model.  Sorry guys.

HP Recommended

Also wanted to note that HP is sending me a replacement cartridge for free to see if that works

HP Recommended

@Andy_Synnex, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience. Yes, there is an issue with the new lot of HP 902 Cyan and Yellow ink cartridges. If the Cartridge was manufactured in Malaysia and Warranty End Date is between April 1st, 2022 and September 18th, 2022, please do not use this ink cartridge.

Reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the replacement options for the ink cartridge. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.