cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Officejet Pro 8625 e-All-in-One Printer will not accept new HP Ink Cartridge

HP Recommended
MacBook Air
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Purchased genuine HP Black Ink Cartridge and the printer will not accept it. Error message saying it's not genuine. I've downloaded the most current firmware and restarted printer but still gives error message. I did see an article on HP's website about non-genuine cartridge issues but this model is not listed on that specific firmware update (and I'm using a genuine cartridge). Help!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,390 29,109 5,046 11,510
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is the exact ink cartridge number?

Also, what is the listed Zone on the cartridge label? (E.g Z10, Z20, etc.):

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05318138

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's a 950XL (CN045AN) and z10 for zone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying.

Can you see Z10 listed on the color cartridges too? To deny any possible region lock due to using older cartridges intended for another country.

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, they are z20. I had this issue last year when I ordered and installed 4 new HP Cartridges from Amazon US (so all presumably z10). I ended up returning them and ordering 4 new HP Cartridges from Amazon UK and they worked. I'm now back in the US and the printer is US spec. The colored ink cartridges all have at least half their ink left so I don't want to discard them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is my only solution to purchase another z20 so that I can use up the color inks before switching them all over to z10? Although I'm skeptical this will work when the time comes since I tried that last yr and got error messages for a 4 HP Cartridges.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, you must use all cartridges of the same zone, you will need to contact HP and perform a region change to Z10 to accept the local cartridges in the US, only then it will work, but in order to change the region all 4 ink cartridges must be replaced to Z10.

So yes, this  is the only option to use the existing color cartridges.

Shlomi

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation