Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 5520
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Few month ago, my printer was not printing black anymore

After lots of cleaning, rebooting, re-installing, finally, black was printed again

but I realized that the black ink was emptying very very fast

Now basically, if I put a new ink cartridge, and wait for 2h, then it is empty: all the ink leaked inside the printer.

I see that I am not the first one to have these problems...

is it possible to repair ? should I replace the print head ?

Thank you in advance for your help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Schtroumf75, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

If the ink is leaking, it is a hardware issue. Does this happen with all the black ink cartridges you have tried?

If yes, it is an issue with the printer. If not, then it could be a defective ink cartridge.

If it is the ink cartridge, you may request a replacement from HP. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the replacement options. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

If it is the printer, I suggest you upgrade the printer as it is out of warranty. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.