Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Smart Tank 615 Wireless All-in-One

When I print on a Mac Book Air M1 the photo top half prints fine then the bottom half prints with a blue tint. Firmware is up to date, cleaned heads, aligned heads, tried on 2 different photo papers. Printed from Affinity Photo 2 and HP Smart App and it is the same mess. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Rflush777,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you've already taken some good troubleshooting steps. Since the issue persists across different photo papers and printing applications, it's likely related to either the printer hardware or the printer driver/software. Here are a few additional steps you could try:

• Update Printer Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest printer drivers installed on your Mac Book Air M1. Sometimes, printer driver updates can fix compatibility issues with certain applications or hardware configurations.
  • Check Printer Settings: Double-check the printer settings within Affinity Photo 2 and the HP Smart App to ensure that they are configured correctly for the type of paper you're using and the print quality settings you desire. Make sure color management settings are appropriate.
  • Reset Printer: Try performing a full reset of the printer to its default settings. This can sometimes resolve issues related to configuration or settings conflicts. Refer to the printer's user manual for instructions on how to perform a reset.
  • Test with a Different Device: If possible, try printing the same photo from a different device (e.g., another computer or a smartphone) to see if the issue persists. This can help determine whether the problem is specific to your Mac Book Air M1 or if it's a more general issue with the printer.
  • Calibrate Monitor: It's a long shot, but sometimes display calibration issues can lead to unexpected printing results. Ensure your monitor is calibrated correctly, although this is less likely to be the cause if the issue is consistent across multiple prints.

Refer to this document: HP Smart Tank 615 Wireless All-in-One User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply and suggestions.  I have tried everything except the monitor calibration. I have tried printing from my phone, I have the latest firmware update, I reset the printer to factory default, ran a printer diagnostic and it said no problems. Now it is not just photos and even when I print a document it happens. My ink is over half full. Did all the cleaning on the print heads and smear cleaning. I will take it in to an Authorized Repair Shop to look at it. My printer is still under warranty. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Rflush777 ,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your efforts. As the issue persists, I am sorry to hear that  This needs one-on-one interaction  I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.