Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP7855 does not print true black

HP Recommended
HP 7855
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I've tried everything I can think of and find to do.  My printer does not print true black from any source.  Every print comes out with a bit of a sort of purple tint...definitely not black, white, and gray.  Help please!  Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,093 13,078 701 533
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Zara13

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Does this happen while copying too?

Try the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05541385

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry for the delay, I had to wait for more cartridges.  No it does not copy or print in true black, grey or white.  Everything has a red to almost purplish cast to it.  I went through the document and did everything with no difference.  Please note..if I did not mention it..I did not have this issue with my older HP printer but I sure do with this new one.  I am concerned enough to not continue with my printing project until I have another printer....but if I have to buy another it will not be an HP.  I have always used HP for my photos and color work.  

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation