Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4535 All-in-One Printer

Hi,

I have printer that I love but it's been a nightmare since we moved from continental Europe to UK. Nearly impossible to buy compatible ink. 

Is it possible to switch my printer to UK compatible version of ink? 

I now use HP652 ink.

My model is HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4535 All-in-One Printer.

Thank you for any help.

Ana

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You will need to speak to HP support. support.hp.com

They will provide a model specific code that will change the printer to UK. Keep in mind that all existing cartridges that are not UK will cease to work when you do this.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it figures that support needs to help out.

It was nearly impossible to reach a living person support and after 2 hours on the phones my issue was not fully resolved. It would be much easier just buying a new printer which is a waste considering this one that I have is just fine, well, minus the cartridges that I'm not able to buy locally in the UK.

Strangely, the tech support couldn't find what would be the UK equivalent to EU HP652 ink. He says it's the same. But it cannot be since 652 doesn't exist in stores here anywhere...

HP Recommended

@AnaMMB

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Yes, we'll have to do a region reset.

To do a printer region reset you need to meet the following conditions:

1. The printer should be connected using a printer USB cable to the computer.

2. You need to have the printer full feature software installed on your computer. Also, let us know the Operating System installed on your Computer.

3. You need to have all the cartridges either from the region from where the printer was purchased originally or the new region to which you want to reset it to.

Please do let us know.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.