Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 2545
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP 2545 Bought from UAE and now I have it used in the Philippines There are no 650 ink cartridges available here in our country and I only have 678. However, it is not working and giving incompatible ink cartridge. I need a Regionalization Reset Code for it. 

Printer SN: XXXXXXXXXX
Total Page Count: 417
TriColor Ink ID: D0767F64145C379F
Black Ink ID: 008AC3E450204AB9
RX(last 4 digits): 0000

I have boxes labeled 41 - 42 - 43 - 44 - 45 - 51 to fill with codes please help!

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

@AubreyChaseAJPJ

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Were 678 ink cartridges used to generate these values?

Let us know 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes I only have the 678 cartridges I can't find any 650 cartridges here. I don't have access to it anymore.

Please help thanks

@Betty0610

HP Recommended

Currently our tool is down. Once the tool is running, I'll help you with the codes.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks A lot!! Question though why is it that your phone support team keep on insisting that I need the old cartridge in order for them to help? Also please I really need to get  this done right away please. Thank you.

HP Recommended

May be they have a different process to do this. Our tool is still down. I'll write back once it is working.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, did you manage to get the region reset done? Our tool is working. Let us know if you still need help.

Cheers 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No I wasn't even close getting anything done

HP Recommended

@Betty0610

Any luck generating the reset codes?

HP Recommended

1) Launch the printer software from the desktop icon or from the Start menu, click Start, All Programs, HP, the Product Name, and then the Product Name again.

2) Double-click the Estimated Ink Levels icon in the printer software. The Estimated Ink Levels window opens.

3) Press and hold the CTRL and SHIFT keys, and then right-click anywhere in the Estimated Ink Levels window, except for a button. The Set New Region window opens.

4) If the Set New Region window fails to open, right-click to the right and left of the Estimated Ink Levels window.

5) On the set new region window where it says "Enter reset code provided by the support personnel" enter this number- 0820-4941-3883-9336-1428 

It should be like this:

Box 41- 0820

Box 42- 4941

Box 43- 3883

Box 44- 9336

Box 45- 1428 

6) Once you enter the value you will get a 5 digit value below the code you have entered in box 51.

7) If the box 51 value is 37837 then click OK.

😎 If it doesn't match then take a picture of the screen and send it to me.

9) Once you click on OK, you should get a message "Device region reset succeeded".

PS: You can perform the reset only twice failing which the printer gets locked. So please perform it once first and keep us posted.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.