cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
seanski1969
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Incompatible Toner

HP Recommended
M2835DW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently moved my Samsung Xpress M2835DW to another room and it was off for about a week.  When it was plugged in I had an error light on and the error message I had via Print Manager was that an incompatible cartridge was installed.  I had the same cartridge in it for around 5 months and it has worked well.  Not a heavy printer I guess as its at my home not my office.  Searched online and it said that Firmware upgrade was requiring only Samsung/HP cartridges now and thats why I got message.  Not sure but printer wouldn't clear until I installed a new toner cartridge.  Funny thing is;  this is the same Aftermarket brand I used before.  Printer started to work immediately nut I'm scared about the Firmware Upgrade that I heard so I check out my printer and was more confused.  My printer has V3.00.01.14 installed but the Date of it is Jun-23-2020 where as Samsung says the correct Firmware version is V3.00.01.14 but wasn't available until Jul 16 2020.  So the numbers match but supposedly the firmware wasn't available for around another month.  Do I have a valid Firmware or is it hacked?  Does Samsung Firmware Upgrades force you to use only HP/Samsung brand Toners?  Do I need to install the Firmware from Jul 16 2020 or is my Jun 23 2020 the same Firmware?   What about this Critical Software Update regarding  vulnerabilities?

Any response welcome

Seanski

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,879 24,835 1,157 1,191
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@seanski1969

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
For support options for Samsung Printers in your country or region please check this website. That website address is: www.hp.com/support/samsung

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation