cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
SamW2
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Ink Cartidge not recognised

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4630

When my colour cartidge was running low a while a go I changed the cartridge as usual. I remember it not working so I assumed I had put the old one back in in my haste to do it. So I swapped them and all was OK but I knew that I'd put the old one back in but as it worked I left it. In the last few weeks my print quality has been rubbish and quite obvious my colour cartidge is virtually empty but when I sign in to my account it's still saying I have quite a bit left. I still have the previous 'new' cartridge but it will not accept. It is significantly heavier than the one I'm using so I know its full and unused it just wont be accepted by the printer.

I've tried turning the printer off with both cartidges removed but it just tells me the colour cartidge must be replaced. 

I noticed you were sending my new cartidges so thought I'd leave it until they arrived. For the 1st time ever I have only received the black one through todays post (typical). How do I get the colour cartidge accepted? I've searched other customers queries and it takes you to a link.......the link is broken.

2 REPLIES 2
SamW2
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I got a call back from America yesterday. He didn't seem to understand what I was talking about. He said he would look into it and hung up (not even a goodbye!). I've not heard anything since!

0 Kudos
P_t_r
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes SamW2, I have the same problem. I know the ink cartridge is about half full as it registered briefly after cleaning it but that was short lived. I check the cartridge again on HP Smart and it shows it as empty. Can only print in black and white. I'm going to ask my local computer shop to see if they have any advice.

Take note HP,,,,,,   HP virtual assistant is about as much use as a chocolate teapot! 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation