Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2545 All-in-One Printer

I have moved from India to Europe (Belgium). I already have ordered new cartridges but getting an error - 'Incompatible Ink Cartridge.'

I understand that there needs to be some changes done to the device for resettings the region.

Kindly help at the earliest.

Below are details

Previous Country :  India

New Country :  Belgium (Europe)

Model : Deskjet Ink Advantage 2540 All-in-One Printer series

Serial Number  : [Personal Information Removed]

Product Number : A9U23B

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Ruchi13

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Yes, we'll have to do a region reset.

To do a printer region reset you need to meet the following conditions:

1. The printer should be connected using a printer USB cable to the computer.

2. You need to have the printer full feature software installed on your computer. Also let us know the Operating System installed on your Computer.

3. You need to have all the cartridges from the old region/country.

Please do let us know.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, 

All the conditions are acceptable.

Kindly let me know when should the printer be connected, when will reset happen.

The current OS is macOS Big Sur (Version 11.2.3)

HP Recommended

•Open the printer queue in Print & Fax, and then click Printer Setup.

•Click the Utility tab.

•Click Open Printer Utility.

•De-select the printer to reset. Click another printer name (if a second printer is installed) or click the Printers folder.

•Hold down the Option key, and then click to reselect the printer to reset. Continue to hold the Option key until the Set New Region window opens. This might take several seconds.

Use the "Copy to Clipboard" feature to paste the values here or take a screenshot of the screen and send it to me in private.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Some associate did the printer reset to Europe. But it's still not working. Now they say that this Printer cannot be reset to Europe. Its like a waste of money for me.

HP Recommended

I understand. How many times did yo try the reset?

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.