Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 5222 All-in-One Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just installed/Set up HP OfficeJet 5222 all-in-one today which comes with 4 month trial of instant ink. But on the rush, I didn't pay attention to it from the initial set up and I can't seem to find the way to enable it. Whenever I try to enroll instant ink service, it shows 1-month free offer but not 4 month trial (tried on both instantink.com and HP Smart app). How do I take an advantage of 4 month trial instead of 1 month? Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20201130-231241.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

[Update]

Well, I was able to take an advantage of 4 month trial by enrolling via Windows 10 HP Smart App. Previously I used website and Android mobile HP Smart App with no luck.

Now it shows 1 month free (typical offering for new subscribers) + 4 months = total 5 months free trial which is super sweet!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with the OfficeJet-5222 and when I called into support they asked for a code of which there is none included with the insert that came with the printer. There is only the card that shows 4 months included. I am still waiting for my initial shipment of cartridges to see if the trial changes to 4 months once those are installed. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-OfficeJet-5222-All-in-One-Wireless-Color-Inkjet-Printer-Instant-Ink-Re... 

HP Recommended

[Update]

Well, I was able to take an advantage of 4 month trial by enrolling via Windows 10 HP Smart App. Previously I used website and Android mobile HP Smart App with no luck.

Now it shows 1 month free (typical offering for new subscribers) + 4 months = total 5 months free trial which is super sweet!

HP Recommended

Hi,

As with others, yesterday I purchased an HP 4130 printer in the UK which clearly states it has 4 months of free trial of instant ink. I signed up correctly following the set up of printer but my instant ink account says I have 1 month free, not 4. 

I have tried the instant ink chat via my instant ink HP account to talk to a human in hope that someone at HP might apply the 4 months trial to my account.... but human chat is never available! So posting here....

I'd like 4 months trial please, not just 1. As advertised, as promised, and preferrably without tonnes of effort on my part to get hold of customer support at HP to apply what should be done automatically when my printers serial number was entered during the instant ink signup.......

Thanks

HP Recommended

I was finally able to get my 4 month trial on my second phone call to Instant Ink Support. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Instant-Ink-series/5264756/model/5401249?sku=INST...

HP Recommended

Ok thanks, feels like that's what it takes,  but it shouldn't..., ie. Do they just stick X months on box but system always just applies 1 month unless the customer is determined enough to chase customer support to correct it?? I'd hope not as that seems downright illegal. The systrn should apply the correct amount at the start, but many users are hitting the same issue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.