Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Deskjet 26309 printer which I have been using for about 2 years, I have been subscribed to Instant Ink since purchase and have never missed a payment or had any issues.

However I cannot print anything at the moment as it is coming up with a cartridge error, apparently it is not communicating properly with the printer and the app advises me to contact HP Instant Ink Support. 

I have tried cleaning both cartridges with a dry and clean cloth along with the contact area inside the printer to no joy. I have also tried printing a test page, however as it is not communicating properly it does not allow printing of anything at the moment.

The app put me in contact with a virtual agent, however it asks for my printers serial number, as it is out of warranty by a couple of months it gives me 2 options - these forums or to call an agent. To call an agent for telephone support I have to pay £18 as my printer is out of warranty. As it is a cartridge error I feel this is unfair and cannot find any other means of contacting support. As I have been a member for 2 years having never missed a payment and probably using about 20% of my allocated pages per month surely they should give me some leeway?

Has anyone encountered a similar issue and how did you resolve it? I really don't want to have to use phone support as the fee is ludicrously high, if I have to go that route and they advice me to buy a new cartridge it would be much cheaper just to buy an entire new printer and have a new warranty to boot! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This is very interesting 3 posts all today all with the same issue plus mine I wonder what HP have done?

HP Recommended

The document here has information on contacting HP to get replacement Instant Ink cartridges.  Log into the HP Instant Ink site, the phone number (or chat option for some countries) will be listed in the lower right of the opening screen.

Instant ink UK.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

@MeredJ, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience. As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.