09-26-2020 03:10 PM
Previously had printer installed and printing to multiple trays with no problem (have bought additional tray). Recently, printer seems to: 1. not want to print at all unless it is turned off then back on (printer software says printer is offline), and 2. when it does print the option to print to my 3rd tray (installed underneath printer) has gone away.
Have deleted and re-installed printer from system prefs. Have reset printer settings in system prefs also. Have tried installing with both auto select (HP LaserJet P2015 Series) and generic Postscript Printer software.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-26-2020 07:27 PM
If you print the configuration page from the control panel of the printer from the reports menu, is the tray 3 listed? If not then you have a physical problem with either the tray or your printer. If the tray shows in the configuration then you likely have a driver issue on the computer. To confirm the tray presence in the driver, on your PC go to control panel>devices and printers and right click on the icon for your printer and select printer properties from the drop down menu. Select the device settings tab and scroll down to installable options and see if it shows tray 3 as installed on not installed. Change to installed and you should then be able to access the tray.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.
09-28-2020 02:16 PM
Printed config page and tray 3 was listed. Have verified that tray 3 is listed and checked as an option. When initially setting up the printer to use multiple trays there was an unusual way to enable printing to the 3rd tray, but now can't find any resource to show me how to re-enable the 3rd tray.
As mentioned earlier, I had deleted and reinstalled the printer drivers on my iMac. Also had reset printer system via system prefs (right click on the printer column on left).
10-01-2020 10:58 PM
Follow up: brought the printer home and installed on another iMac. Installation went great and was able to print out a test page.
Now, how do I install and be able to print to either drawer. right now only 1 drawer is showing as available for printing. I vaguely remembering there was a unusual method to installl and assign Tray 2 and Tray 3 , perhaps it was in the print dialog box?
Any help would be appreciated.
Did more digging and was able to figure out how to get both tray working. This is done in the print dialog box!
1. begin by hitting the print button.
2. n the next print dialog window you will need to be certain to set up the print parameters for the first drawer (for me I needed my Tray 2 to print checks, while Tray 3 is for plain paper). The important step here is to select paper feed from the middle drop down menu. Once you selecte paper feed the options to print to the available trays show up. At this point I clicked button for All Pages and next to that selected Tray 2.
3. Now go back to the presets drop down menu and click so that you get to "Save current settings as preset"
4. The next dialogue box will let you name you printer (I named mine "Checks Drawer #2)
5. Repeat this process for the second tray (or Drawer 3)
Both trays will show up in the printer option to print to a specified tray.
Hope this helps.
10-22-2020 08:53 PM
Step by step please, I'm lost as in to what you did? I have to print a mixture of letter and legal documents and I select print "choose paper source by pdf" and it does not work- HELP!!
I have an HP desktop and MacBook and i cant figure it out on neither