Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
laserjet pro cp1525nw color printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to repair my old color HP printer if possible. I just bought a Brother and immediately noticed that the color is not as brilliant, nor the print as crisp. I had wanted to replace the HP because the unit no longer calibrates well. As I understand it, the toner cartridges are not aligning properly, and the Calibration function is no longer able to correct the misalignment. So the colors don't go quite where they should. The diagnostics page print out confirms this.

So, what do I need to fix the problem? The printer has printed about 10,000 pages over eight years.

I thank you in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

First thing to try is to perform a factory reset and then perform 3 full calibrations. Are you using OEM cartridges with a reasonable amount of toner in them? There is also a sensor at the front of the transfer belt that actually measures the calibration and if they get dirty can have problems reading the calibration marks that the printer lays down.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

First thing to try is to perform a factory reset and then perform 3 full calibrations. Are you using OEM cartridges with a reasonable amount of toner in them? There is also a sensor at the front of the transfer belt that actually measures the calibration and if they get dirty can have problems reading the calibration marks that the printer lays down.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you!

That made a big difference. The diagnostic page looks good, as does the demo page.

HP Recommended

I have an HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw that has suddenly started printing misaligned.  I am currently running my 3rd calibration as per your advice and I removed the toner cartridge tray to expose the transfer belt, but the sensors were not obvious.  Where are they located and what would you recommend to clean them with?  The calibration definitely seems better vertically, but is still misaligned horizontally. Also, I find it odd, but it seems as though the printer is misaligning only printed (sent from the computer) items and not copied items. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.