Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet M110we Printer
macOS 12.0 Monterey

I have had my Laser Jet M110we printer since the beginning of June, It was working perfectly until it was time to change the toner. I have InstantInk, so I was sent the ink from HP. Since I changed over the toner cartridge, I have had poor print quality, it looks like there are dots running all the way down the page. I took the cartridge out, and when held up against the light it looks like there are dots on the drum on the cartridge.  Is this what is causing my issue?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mrsg55

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting print quality issues, I am glad to assist you.

Clean the cartridge

• Use Cartridge Cleaning Mode to clean dust from the paper rollers and improve print quality.
  • Open the Advanced settings, Printer Home Page, or HP Device Toolbox.
  • HP Smart app: Open the app, and then click your printer name or image. Select Printer Settings if necessary, and then select Advanced settings.
  • Click System > Service.
  • If prompted, enter the Username and Password.
  • NOTE: If the password has not been changed, you can find the Username and PIN (password) underneath the toner access door.
  • Example of the username and pin sticker location
  • Locate Cartridge Cleaning Mode, and then click Start.

Update the printer firmware

• Use the HP Smart app to check for and install firmware updates.
  • Open the HP Smart app, and then create an account or sign in. If you do not have HP Smart, download it from 123.hp.com or your app store.
  • If you are setting up HP Smart for the first time, you must create or sign in to an HP account to access all printer functions.
  • On the app home screen, select your printer name or image.
  • Under Advanced, select Advanced Settings or Printer Home Page (EWS).
  • Select Tools or Web Services.
  • If prompted, enter the printer administrator password or PIN from the printer label.
  • Click Printer Updates or Product Update, and then click Check Now. Any firmware updates automatically download and install onto your printer.
  • CAUTION: Do not turn off the printer during a firmware update. This can permanently damage your printer.

Refer to this HP document for further assistance:- Click here 

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others. 

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.